Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Never tried

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
Contrabassoonist

Contrabassoonist

Reaction score
Sin$
TL;DR: After going through the 27 regular peyotes, there are 7 further "golden" ones that only show up under certain circumstances. When you eat them in the correct order, during your last hallucination you can hunt a beast by following its growls leading you from one of its kills to another, with the final one being in the Thomson Scrapyard, where the beast can be fought.

More details:

The difficulty is that using only sound cues you need to travel through certain waypoints and cannot stray too far from the correct path or you'll be turned back. Fortunately, the co-ordinates of all waypoints were discovered, and here's a map I made that puts all the information together in one place, which should help with getting to the destination:

7zebp0d.jpg

And a satellite version of it:

r3wBjt0.jpg

Credits: co-ordinates collected by Galehaut (I think), map by Glokon, satellite view with street names by Bowlingforsoups. I just put it all together in one place.

Note: first time posting here, if there's any problem with the post please let me know. There was a thread about it in the past already but I figure it's better not to resurrect it as it's been a long while.

Last edited:
NicGoRe

NicGoRe

Legendary Bastard
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Diamonds Are Forever Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Very nice job. I have collected all 7 twice but spent quite a bit of time chasing the beast. I've read people becoming stuck in a loop by the tunnel on the northern part of the map. Most advice states not to enter the tunnel but your map confirms what I thought. One path requires you to enter the tunnel, while the other path takes you outside the tunnel. Two other important notes are that you are timed between checkpoints and if cheats like superjump are enabled you can end up jumping over a checkpoint.

wutapuss

wutapuss

Army of 2
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah is this SP? I don't play much, but like to go back and do things like this.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome thread. I haven't yet attempted this, so, maybe I'm going to today! If I could suggest one thing though, perhaps you could add some sort of key, or reference to tell us exactly what each image means (like a guide as to what path we should take or what we have to do to get started etc) but apart from that, I love this, great work.

Contrabassoonist

Contrabassoonist

Reaction score
Sin$
How to Start the Hunt

You need to:
  • have attained 100% completion according to the Social Club checklist,
  • completed The Last One sasquatch encounter,
  • found and eaten all the 27 original peyote plants that allow you to turn into different animals from the game.
You can download a saved game if you want to skip right to this part but make sure it includes all of the above.

Afterwards, there are 7 more golden peyote plants to eat. These are much easier to locate and access than the original ones but they can only be found as Franklin between 5:30 and 8:00 AM when the weather is either foggy or snowy. When you eat any of them you turn into a sasquatch and if you look around you'll always find a dead body in the vicinity (animal carcass, crashed car, etc.).

To unlock the hunt all of these plants need to be eaten in a certain order, starting on a Sunday:
  • Sleep as Trevor to advance in-game time by 12-hour increments (no need to actually save the game each time)
  • Switch to Franklin and go near the location of the first peyote (make sure to leave enough time for travel in the previous step)
  • Press backtick (`) to bring up the console and use the cheat code makeitrain several times to change the weather to snow.
Note: fog and smog are different types of weather, if you want to change to change to fog, you need to use an external mod menu. Time can also be adjusted this way. On the other hand, it's also possible to do without the weather cheat completely by understanding the weather patterns, however it would take much more time. The peyotes do not need to be eaten within one week, you can take a break anytime.

I suggest to use Trevor's quad bike (Blazer) or any motorcycle or bicycle as mountain lions might attack you if you travel on foot.

When playing as a sasquatch during any of the hallucinations you can hold LCtrl to growl but there is not much to do otherwise. Note that unlike other animals, the sasquatch can be armed with weapons (although it starts empty-handed), and can also drive cars. Hold E to end the hallucination and advance to the next peyote.

After you collect the last peyote in Grapeseed on Tuesday (I suggest saving your game immediately before eating it), there will be the body of the sasquatch hunter right next to you. This time instead of ending the hallucination hold LCtrl and you will hear a response to your growls. This is where the actual hunt begins. Following the sound cues you hear will take you to the Thomson Scrapyard where you can find the beast and defeat it. This is the part when the map comes handy.

Last edited:
Contrabassoonist

Contrabassoonist

Reaction score
Sin$
How to Find the Beast

By following the growls in response to holding LCtrl, you'll be taken on a trail of dead bodies. Each of them is marked by a number from 1 to 9 on the map. You don't have to, or in fact even want to visit all of them. The destination is the Thomson Scrapyard, marked with F. The start location is marked with S.

You will need to travel along the blue lines on the map I posted: there are 2-3 checkpoints on each path and if you miss any of them, you'll be sent back to the previous body. The red lines are just to give you a general idea how the bodies are connected, i.e. F can only be reached from bodies 7, 8, or 9.

You can also get all the bodies and checkpoints as in-game blips using the Addon Blips mod (without the lines connecting them though). As a new account here I can't post links so please PM me for the file.
TaTOEAT.jpg

Headphones or earphones can make it easier to follow the right direction but it's possible to get through this part just fine with external speakers as well. I suggest:
  • Set SettingsAudioMusic Volume to minimum
  • Set SettingsAudioDialogue Boost to maximum
  • As you trigger the growling with LCtrl, move the mouse left and right slightly to establish the direction it is coming from
When you reach a checkpoint, you'll hear a growl even if you didn't press LCtrl. If there is no response to pressing LCtrl, it means you're very near one of the bodies already. When you find a body, make sure the camera pans on it, which means the game has registered that you found it.

Do not use any vehicle during the hunt. You can use the cheat code catchme to run faster but do not use high jumps (hoptoit) as this can interfere with the game registering your passing through the checkpoints.

People you pass will be hostile to you (you're a sasquatch after all!) but engaging them can interfere with your progress, so just run away instead. Use the code lawyerup to clear any wanted level you might get (one star at a time).

How to Defeat It

When you get to the last body in the Thomson Scrapyard, run for the shed. You only have a couple of seconds to do so. If you did it correctly, the weather will change to stormy, and the beast will show up.

From my experience, using the in-game cheat code for invincibility (painkiller) makes the beast invincible too and guarantees you'll fail to defeat it. Weapons obtained through in-game cheats (toolup), including the RPG or explosive weapons and melee (highex, hothands, incendiary) do very little damage to it either. The two ways that work:
  • When attacked by a villager with a knife (I think it's the fat, bald one in overalls), fight him instead of running away; use the knife to stab the beast a couple of times in an honorable fight
  • Or just use an external mod menu to kill all enemies once the beast appears (other cheats probably work as well but they must be external, cannot be the in-game codes)

NicGoRe

NicGoRe

Legendary Bastard
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Diamonds Are Forever Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Find the Beast

By following the growls in response to holding LCtrl, you'll be taken on a trail of dead bodies. Each of them is marked by a number from 1 to 9 on the map. You don't have to, or in fact even want to visit all of them. The destination is the Thomson Scrapyard, marked with F. The start location is marked with S.

You will need to travel along the blue lines on the map I posted: there are 2-3 checkpoints on each path and if you miss any of them, you'll be sent back to the previous body. The red lines are just to give you a general idea how the bodies are connected, i.e. F can only be reached from bodies 7, 8, or 9.

You can also get all the bodies and checkpoints as in-game blips using the Addon Blips mod (without the lines connecting them though). As a new account here I can't post links so please PM me for the file.
TaTOEAT.jpg

Headphones or earphones can make it easier to follow the right direction but it's possible to get through this part just fine with external speakers as well. I suggest:
  • Set SettingsAudioMusic Volume to minimum
  • Set SettingsAudioDialogue Boost to maximum
  • As you trigger the growling with LCtrl, move the mouse left and right slightly to establish the direction it is coming from
When you reach a checkpoint, you'll hear a growl even if you didn't press LCtrl. If there is no response to pressing LCtrl, it means you're very near one of the bodies already. When you find a body, make sure the camera pans on it, which means the game has registered that you found it.

Do not use any vehicle during the hunt. You can use the cheat code catchme to run faster but do not use high jumps (hoptoit) as this can interfere with the game registering your passing through the checkpoints.

People you pass will be hostile to you (you're a sasquatch after all!) but engaging them can interfere with your progress, so just run away instead. Use the code lawyerup to clear any wanted level you might get (one star at a time).

How to Defeat It

When you get to the last body in the Thomson Scrapyard, run for the shed. You only have a couple of seconds to do so. If you did it correctly, the weather will change to stormy, and the beast will show up.

From my experience, using the in-game cheat code for invincibility (painkiller) makes the beast invincible too and guarantees you'll fail to defeat it. Weapons obtained through in-game cheats (toolup), including the RPG or explosive weapons and melee (highex, hothands, incendiary) do very little damage to it either. The two ways that work:
  • When attacked by a villager with a knife (I think it's the fat, bald one in overalls), fight him instead of running away; use the knife to stab the beast a couple of times in an honorable fight
  • Or just use an external mod menu to kill all enemies once the beast appears (other cheats probably work as well but they must be external, cannot be the in-game codes)
You can also spawn a car and run the beast over a couple times.

Top Bottom
Login
Register