Going online with downloaded games before release date

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Game Saves' started by ginzen, Jun 22, 2009 with 7 replies and 727 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginzen

ginzen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I am flashing my xbox this week and i was wondering if for example in the US Transformers comes out on the 10th of May and in UK/Europe it comes out on 24th May would it be safe to play on xbox live in the UK inbetween 10th and 24th May without fear of banning?

2. Destiny

Destiny #ZxathCheated #NeverForget Retired

Ratings:
    yes it would be safe if you bought it in the US and your location was set to the US

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    ginzen

ginzen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well if I (UK) just go torrent the game Region Free then play it while connected to xbox live before release date will i be at risk of banning?

4. Destiny

Destiny #ZxathCheated #NeverForget Retired

Ratings:
    ok so u live in the UK. what i think would put u at the least risk of being banned is to get a US torrent of the game and play it after the US released the game

5. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    ^ What he said and, well... If you were banned and the actual game was region free (e.g. Ghostbusters) you could say a friend got it for you just before he flew over or something? :smile:

6. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Thing is... you won't be banned in the first place. Even before the game is released ANYWHERE, you don't run the risk of a ban. The thing is that first of all, Microsoft isn't running region checks of what games are being played where. Second thing is that by that time, thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of copies of THAT game are already sent to stores, Microsoft has no idea what's being done with them; therefore they don't have any way of detecting if it's burn, or a retail release being played before the release date (which technically isn't illegal).

7. Warbsky

Warbsky Newbie

Ratings:
    Exactly. I work at Blockbuster and we get games much earlier than release, if they were to ban me for playing on the game before it was released I'd kill them. :tongue:

You'll be fine. Just don't be stupid and play games like 6 months before they're released (if that were to happen), because that would probably raise some suspicion.

8. TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if a game is REGION FREE you can play it anywhere in the world after the initial release date.my family went to the states and flew back the same day as ghostbusters was released and due to the whole time zones thing i played ghostbusters in the uk the day of the us release and its fine.

just check the region and the release dates