• Start date
  • Views 1,386
Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So, if you don't know, an update came out a few minutes ago
I went to the glory hole and enemies don't spawn as frequent as they were before
Tested this 4 times and waiting for someone else to confirm

Respite

Respite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
do you mean the loot cave? im not trying to sound like an idiot im new to destiny

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
do you mean the loot cave? im not trying to sound like an idiot im new to destiny

Yes that's what I mean, enemies now spawn every 10-20 seconds and I stayed there for a good 15 minutes and I haven't even gotten a green engram

Hanson1851

Hanson1851

Say what again!
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep... f*** you bungie all part of their 'ten year plan' don't want us getting all the good gear and getting bored later!

Respite

Respite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so the loot cave at earth is patched wow i just learned about it yesterday right after i got the game

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Destinations
  • The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)

Can't say that I didn't see it coming but oh well, guess my cryptarch will remain at level 17 forever now

Respite

Respite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wow i wounder if people are still gonna farm it lol ill find out when i get home

oznod72

oznod72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow..I'm glad I farmed that thing so hard yesterday.
Got my first legendary Auto rifle.(Hex Caster ARC)

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Lets not fix the problem that causes people to farm, lets just fix the cave...

I'm all for fixing it, however they should fix their endgame content rewards so people don't have to resort to farming for gear. I've seen people get 0 gear for completing VoG, THAT'S INSANE. If I did a raid back in WoW or SWTOR and didn't get ****, I'd be pissed.

Back to The Dark Beyond it is! :biggrin:

Last edited:
BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I knew this was going to happen. Glad I got as much out of it as I could.

A

Afatassninja

Chris farley
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Destiny: The Cave
The social experience of a cave farming run is amazing: the herding to get a team of Guardians all behind the line and firing in the right direction, the rush to grab the loot, the scramble when the panic wave starts, the beckoning glow from inside the cave. The speed at which the community organized around this activity was inspiring and humbling to us.

But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played. Our hope is that social engagement in public spaces is only one part of the Destiny experience. Expect changes soon which decrease the efficiency of cave farming and correspondingly increase engram drops from completing activities.

Top Bottom
Login
Register