• Thread starter Carl Johnson
  • Start date
  • Views 1,188
C

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
So, if you don't know, an update came out a few minutes ago
I went to the glory hole and enemies don't spawn as frequent as they were before
Tested this 4 times and waiting for someone else to confirm

R

Respite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you mean the loot cave? im not trying to sound like an idiot im new to destiny

C

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
do you mean the loot cave? im not trying to sound like an idiot im new to destiny

Yes that's what I mean, enemies now spawn every 10-20 seconds and I stayed there for a good 15 minutes and I haven't even gotten a green engram

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Yes, he's referring to the Cave at Skywatch in the Cosmodrone.

R

Respite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well im about to go home in like 15 mins are you on xbox one?

H

Hanson1851

Say what again!
Reaction score
Yep... f*** you bungie all part of their 'ten year plan' don't want us getting all the good gear and getting bored later!

R

Respite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so the loot cave at earth is patched wow i just learned about it yesterday right after i got the game

C

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Destinations
  • The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)

Can't say that I didn't see it coming but oh well, guess my cryptarch will remain at level 17 forever now

R

Respite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow i wounder if people are still gonna farm it lol ill find out when i get home

H

Hanson1851

Say what again!
Reaction score
Any other loot caves out there?

O

oznod72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow..I'm glad I farmed that thing so hard yesterday.
Got my first legendary Auto rifle.(Hex Caster ARC)

A

Afatassninja

Chris farley
Reaction score
Good thing we've woken the hive.

Last edited:
K

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Lets not fix the problem that causes people to farm, lets just fix the cave...

I'm all for fixing it, however they should fix their endgame content rewards so people don't have to resort to farming for gear. I've seen people get 0 gear for completing VoG, THAT'S INSANE. If I did a raid back in WoW or SWTOR and didn't get ****, I'd be pissed.

Back to The Dark Beyond it is! :biggrin:

Last edited:
G

Gallows

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I knew this was going to happen. Glad I got as much out of it as I could.

A

Afatassninja

Chris farley
Reaction score
Destiny: The Cave
The social experience of a cave farming run is amazing: the herding to get a team of Guardians all behind the line and firing in the right direction, the rush to grab the loot, the scramble when the panic wave starts, the beckoning glow from inside the cave. The speed at which the community organized around this activity was inspiring and humbling to us.

But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played. Our hope is that social engagement in public spaces is only one part of the Destiny experience. Expect changes soon which decrease the efficiency of cave farming and correspondingly increase engram drops from completing activities.

Top Bottom