• Thread starter Flava_Flo
  • Start date
  • Views 3,249
Flava_Flo

Flava_Flo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
At least that's what I think, because for every glitch that comes out you need stuff that average players, who make money by playing missions, can't afford. It's either a facility, an Avenger, an Elegy Retro Custom or right now it's a CEO garage with mod shop. One month ago I didn't own **** in this game and played only once in a while. Then I discovered glitching and now I own nearly everything and play day and night. But to get started, I bought a Great White Shark Card to buy a facility. Which I'd have never bought otherwise.
Now, if all 30 million GTA players buy only one Great White Shark card, that's 600 million dollars. Plus some of the glitches are so complicated, it's hard to find that out just by trying. And why does it take Rockstar so long to patch them? They know that people who play GTA are likely to make money illegally. Of course they have to ban players who boast making billions by glitching, but I think that Rockstar is the initiator of all this.

R

Relentless Enemy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
At least that's what I think, because for every glitch that comes out you need stuff that average players, who make money by playing missions, can't afford. It's either a facility, an Avenger, an Elegy Retro Custom or right now it's a CEO garage with mod shop. One month ago I didn't own **** in this game and played only once in a while. Then I discovered glitching and now I own nearly everything and play day and night. But to get started, I bought a Great White Shark Card to buy a facility. Which I'd have never bought otherwise.
Now, if all 30 million GTA players buy only one Great White Shark card, that's 600 million dollars. Plus some of the glitches are so complicated, it's hard to find that out just by trying. And why does it take Rockstar so long to patch them? They know that people who play GTA are likely to make money illegally. Of course they have to ban players who boast making billions by glitching, but I think that Rockstar is the initiator of all this.
I've lost count with how many accounts I got, not once have I been banned by glitching and I've never thought of buying a shark card. But you could be right. A lot of people don't know how to make money on a fresh account to start u off with ur glitching so yea they would most likely buy the shark cards which in my eyes is actually quicker then some methods especially if they wanna beat the patch. Me personally wouldn't buy it because I've thought this before what ur writing about R* and wouldn't be surprised.

Husky_70

Husky_70

I love Husky's ...
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol. The game is almost five years old. I‘ve never need shark cards

Flava_Flo

Flava_Flo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I wouldn't have bought it, if I knew about Bogdan earlier. But I don't regret those 20 dollars.
I've lost count with how many accounts I got, not once have I been banned by glitching and I've never thought of buying a shark card. But you could be right. A lot of people don't know how to make money on a fresh account to start u off with ur glitching so yea they would most likely buy the shark cards which in my eyes is actually quicker then some methods especially if they wanna beat the patch. Me personally wouldn't buy it because I've thought this before what ur writing about R* and wouldn't be surprised.

A

abig79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Friend of mine did the same thing, he used to play on last gen but never transferred over his character so he bought the starter pack. Another guy he played with bought a shark cars to start glitching. So it's a possible conspiracy theory.

I luckily played legit for a while so had enough to do the original CEO garage glitch

Unchained Savage

Unchained Savage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Profit=
Expected vs. Unexpected Loss subtracted from bottom line revenue and the total cost to conduct business.
Stimulation Models call for a design and understanding of a real-world sales scenario (market). Card buyers/Clean Players, Glitchers etc. All = PPL playing the game which is good for R*... Finally, you have Griefers who are BAD for business... (hence the occasional BAN waves and on-going anti-cheating measures.) To blindly allow exploitation without the possibility and random occurrence of penalty is a quick way to ruin longterm goals for market domination and the possibility of reaching and retaining a larger demographic of players.

There are all types of variables we don't know about in their model (R*). realistically speaking, to think that R* doesn't factor all this into their formula would be CRAZY... I myself find it odd that certain glitches are discovered, then suddenly the following week or sometimes that same week or so the item(s) required for accomplishing that specific glitch go on sale...The typically accepted financial models find ALL loss intolerable, but I say that there ISN'T really much which IS typical about the GTA franchise overall. IMHO it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to believe that R* uses unorthodox methods in their processes for profit also...

The success or failure of a game with a deep multiplayer/online experience is almost COMPLETELY based on the number of ppl playing and a demand for the services to play remaining available vs. the profit for the provider of those services in continuing to do so. (Market need/Supply & Demand)
So YEAHHHHHH "they know"... And they probably have "an app for that" (tracking it all) :tongue:

Just my .02¢

Last edited:
LengMan

LengMan

Man Like
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally think R* are just incapable of dropping a new DLC without breaking stuff lol.

Also they don't test the new DLC's in QAbeta for glitches and exploits, they wait for us to find breaks for them so they don't have to bother with the hard work lol.

wutapuss

wutapuss

Army of 2
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree Flava_Flo Flava_Flo glitches do by far target a few areas of the game that make the usage rates of various areas pretty high. Been around from the beginning and all the glitches i have been through have exploited all aspects of this game, whether it be races, properties, businesses, garages, ect. It makes the imprint very high. I recall reading that R* alone from Shark cards has grossed in to the Billions, hence why we get free content.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol. The game is almost five years old. I‘ve never need shark cards
for those of us that have played the game since the beginning, the necessity to buy a shark card likely doesn't exist since we are all rich and can afford to buy the new cars, planes, bunker etc.
I remember when the most expensive item in the game was the adder for a whopping 1 million. Now that's chicken feed. So for players just starting out, they cant even play the game to its fullest without buying a shark card as most dupe glitches are expensive just to do them (Buy bunker, MOC, Facility, Avenger etc)

This is why the GC2F is so vital. it allows poor players to get fully upgraded Retros to sell and make the money the need to keep going.

J

junior griffey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To say that Rockstar is behind glitches or the "initiator" in finding them would imply that the people posting glitch tutorials on here are connected to Rockstar, which I don't buy. I truly believe that glitching is something Rockstar has grudgingly accepted as a part of their doing business, but I don't think they condone it or attempt to support it in any way. I do believe they weigh the consequences on their part for each glitch and that determines their level of tolerance for it. Take off radar god modes in combat and the saving-a-helicopter in Pac Standard as examples. If people are running around the map while invisible and invincible and griefing on other players, people will say forget this and go play something else. Those people getting killed won't do CEO work or anything like that because they don't want to waste time and get attacked by someone they can't fight, and therefore those people won't invest in themselves in the game. Rockstar will deal with that quicker than me using a helicopter to get away in a heist that I won't do everyday and that impacts only the lucky three people who get easy money. Same with duping cars; Rockstar will wait for a common theme among a set of dupes and knock out that, while just quick patching to make it more inconvenient for us in the meantime but appearing to us to not really solve the issue. They will tolerate us making dupes to find the crack in the coding that stops us from doing that method or anything like it once they get it. I think we have to assume that they are learning lessons as they go from all of this that will be applied to future RDR and GTA games too.

I think we should all keep in mind that Rockstar will always be on the defensive because you can only code so much but people are clever and I truly believe that the challenge itself is what drives a lot of the people on here that find glitches. Just because it looks to us like they aren't dealing with it in-the-moment both undervalues the ingenuity of this community and difficulty of their task of constantly fighting fires to prioritize and remove glitching.

Unchained Savage

Unchained Savage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Myself personally wasn't implying that R* is the initiator of ANY glitches. That's like owning a body shop and then denting your own car intentionally every week for the purpose of keeping your shop bay looking full, all in hopes that it will attract other business opportunities... What if no one else wrecks their car? You're STILL stuck with the cost of repairing your own vehicle and that's bottom line LOSS. Again ANY loss is TYPICALLY intolerable...I believe R* has an ACCEPTED LOSS model tied to a Risk vs. Reward goal and are simply capitalizing on a thing(glitching) which undoubtedly costs a lot to completely irradicate, both Financially and in notable amount of their following(PPL playing)' Also, I definitely WASNT saying that the glitch founders are in cahoots with R*... But I'm also NOT saying they aren't at the minimum being followed/monitored... R* employees' Like, Follow and Subscribe buttons work just like all of ours do...

Who is to say that R* hasn't factored that(Glitching) into their business model?? I believe that you are partially correct J junior griffey , your other idea is spot-on in the fact that they very likely DO have a very specific "type" of glitch(ers) they target... But also to piggyback on your point about the community, I believe that anyone who has spent time over the last 5yrs playing this game and watching it evolve yet STILL manages to subscribe to the thought process that R* DOESN'T have a handle on this Glitch Game from their end is severely undervaluing the ingenuity of the Coders at R*...

Again, I say PROFIT & LOSS - RISK vs. REWARD...

Last edited:
Unchained Savage

Unchained Savage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Now, if all 30 million GTA players buy only one Great White Shark card, that's 600 million dollars. Plus some of the glitches are so complicated, it's hard to find that out just by trying. And why does it take Rockstar so long to patch them? They know that people who play GTA are likely to make money illegally. Of course, they have to ban players who boast making billions by glitching, but I think that Rockstar is the initiator of all this.

I don't think they initiate them. But I do believe they are utilizing the existence of them to keep the Profitability, Popularity and Player counts high. It's like hunting, its allowed only on certain animals during certain times of year and under specific circumstances, all meant to keep balance...

Flava_Flo

Flava_Flo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, nobody really knows who's behind those users that are posting glitches here.
This would be a clever type of guerilla marketing, cause glitching makes many people buy shark cards. Or would you really spend 50 dollars just to buy one Avenger? I never bothered to buy a facility until I heard of the facility dupe.
Anyway, at least R* tolerates money glitches to a certain extent, while they surely cannot tolerate god mode glitches.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Too funny. Look at how complex these newer duplications are.
What used to be a complex glitch.: drive to garage with interaction menu up and exit car.
Set on fire then get in quick. Repeat.
Todays glitch: drive to garage, join a friend but make sure target mode is different. Accept first alert decline second alert, now get out with interaction menu up and set down controller, hope on one leg while touching your nose with your elbow, now keep hopping and sing happy birthday, now pick up controller and press up down up down right left a b select start.
Now for the hard part...
Yeah that is just people figuring out that certain mechanics from multiple parts done in a ceetain way will produce a duplicate. Do not take that away from those that discover them.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Gta5 is really a test platform for gta6. I very much expect that all the glitch limiting code they have developed on gta5 will be implemented from day 1 on gta6.
So the sell limits, plate/dupe detect etc will all be present from the get go

blaow

blaow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol, same story. I bought White Shark and Shark Whale for this glitch with CEO.

blaow

blaow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Gta5 is really a test platform for gta6. I very much expect that all the glitch limiting code they have developed on gta5 will be implemented from day 1 on gta6.
So the sell limits, plate/dupe detect etc will all be present from the get go
I think on RDR2 too, bcs same game engine.

J

junior griffey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think on RDR2 too, bcs same game engine.
For sure, but GTA and RDR are such different game experiences that I can't imagine duping is going to be a large part of RDR2. There is both a contemporary and futuristic element to GTA that allows for crazy things like jet packs and flying Deluxos and stealth helicopters that require $4 million to buy that you won't see in RDR2 because of it being grounded in an era that couldn't have allowed for any of that. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not sure there is going to be a need to accumulate huge amounts of cash in RDR2 due to nothing that valuable or outlandish being available to buy. No doubt at all there will be glitches found and money to be made, but I can't imagine it to nearly the same degree as GTA. Totally agree that GTA 6 will have all the current coding fixes and detects from the start, plus more that I'm sure we don't yet know.

Top Bottom
Login
Register