Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Submission Machine
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have finally sold everything fut related on eBay and rather than discarding the last X amount I have I'm gonna do a giveaway. So for the sake of being fair....name your favourite player, past or present and why. The best answer will receive the 38,000 coins I have left. The funnier/most interesting in my opinion will win the coins.

Zacho17

Zacho17

GOW 3 > GOW J
Forum Addict Experienced Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Paul Scholes - Underrated by most people and never really got a chance to play central with England because of Gerrard and Lampard which is one of the main reasons why England never did well at major tournaments imo. He won everything there was to win as a player and has been hailed by the greatest player ever, Zidane, as the player he always wanted to play with while he was still playing. You can't really get a much better judge of talent than Zidane imo!

Cheers for the giveaway.

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Pele probably even though he played against unfit piss heads:smile:..

Siemenn

Siemenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
David Beckham has always been my favorite player. I'm only 19 years old and started to seriously like the world of football (watching it, reading news about it, becoming a real supporter, etc) at an age of 14/15. Point is, I already knew Beckham at that point. Without even really looking at football or knowing anything about competitions abroad. I liked him, because of my mum. Obviously, she really liked his appearance. A good looking man and looking very kind at TV. I don't want to name it an obsession, but she really really adored him (yes, she's married to my dad and got me and my brother as kids). So yeah, that's why I started liking Beckham. Next to started watching PSV, following the Eredivisie, I started following him at Real Madrid, Galaxy, Milan and LA Galaxy. Happy as I was, he didn't end his carreer in America, but at PSG. As birthday present, I got a ticket to a game in Paris. In a skybox, my dad went to the match with his company and asked me to come with him. They were facing Brest and won 3-1. It was a joy to watch such great footballers, when normally having to see PSV (love them, but the level is quite low in the Eredivisie). Beckham was captain that game and played great, showing his amazing long passes and ball controll (I'm completely subjective).

Last but not least, to make this fairytell just a normal story: I handshake'd a few PSG players. I didn't speak French (just bonjour and ça va), so conversations weren't really there. Beckham wasn't there, Ibra neither. It was a shame, but had a great evening watching a great match, a great footballplayer and having met quite some decent players (tbh, only recognized Matuidi and Veratti).

Typed this complete story, because I can use 38k, yes.

-dylan

-dylan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Henry is my favourite of all time because firstly I am an Arsenal and he was one of the main reasons we went undefeated through 03/04 season and got us the only gold Premier League Title that there is. Also in my opinion he is the best player to ever play in the Premier League, he was a complete player and was one of the smartest players in football. He was a player that got me supporting Arsenal and will always remain my favourite player of all time. +He got us to the UCL final but Alumunia and Lehmann lost it for us to be honest by sweaty Eto'o :frown:

rob sawyer

rob sawyer

Reaction score
Sin$
Emilie Heskey. He is the most prolific striker there has ever been. No random thread is a proper thread until the beast from any country he wants to be has been mentioned. If you didnt know he once hit a ball so hard he popped it.

A

Ap8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Fabio grosso,right back, played from perugia, Palermo ,inter and juventus.
Medium player, medium career.
But one night in Dortmund he takes the ball from Pirlo and boom!!!

There are a lot of player better than him, but in italy Was One hero.
Was the 4 june 2006.
But this is not enough,
5 days after .... Penalty for the world Cup final, last penalty no Totti , no del Piero , no de rossi, again grosso.
In that moment i say to my bestfriend, if he score tomorrow we go to duomo's square in the center of Milan .
On 10 july, after 34 km, 4 liters of beer like the 4 italy world Cup and 9 hour walking, me and my bestfriend arrive in duomo's square.
Thanks fabio !!!!!

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Submission Machine
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Closing the thread whilst I make my decision.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Submission Machine
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It was tight between two of ya....but my winner is......beckham's best friend siemenn. Close second was Ap8 for his touching story about his trip to Milan....

So my favourite player of all time past and present: Sami hyypia. Some will not remember him or care for him in the slightest but when I was growing up being a defender wasn't cool but Sami made it cool. He scored goals, he was the captain and he threw his body in the way of anything for Liverpool. I wish we could get him, henchoz and riise back and playing now as we might have a chance at fourth then.

Siemenn Siemenn send me a message and list a player for 38,000. :smile:

Siemenn

Siemenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
f0232a8f68d6080cb1588437fba3573b.png

Thanks man! Great guy :smile:.

A

Ap8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks to you for the second place!
I hope that you ( i don't know where are you from) can live One experience like mine!

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Submission Machine
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks to you for the second place!
I hope that you ( i don't know where are you from) can live One experience like mine!
Me too....maybe England will win the World Cup one year....looooool!

Yiddo

Yiddo

Fabled Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Paul Scholes - Underrated by most people and never really got a chance to play central with England because of Gerrard and Lampard which is one of the main reasons why England never did well at major tournaments imo. He won everything there was to win as a player and has been hailed by the greatest player ever, Zidane, as the player he always wanted to play with while he was still playing. You can't really get a much better judge of talent than Zidane imo!

Cheers for the giveaway.

So he was underrated yet got hailed as one of the greatest players ever? kind of contradictory isn't it?

Didier

Didier

FIFA Franchise
Grizzled Veteran Programmer Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
So he was underrated yet got hailed as one of the greatest players ever? kind of contradictory isn't it?
He said by the greatest player ever, not as one of the greatest players ever

Zacho17

Zacho17

GOW 3 > GOW J
Forum Addict Experienced Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Either way Scholes was never underrated.

People only started giving him the credit he deserved towards the end of his career and that's when people actualy started to realise how big a mistake the England managers had made by playing Gerrard and Lampard central instead of him for all those years. Just my opinion but I would call that being underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register