• Thread starter SGTR0CK117
  • Start date
  • Views 942
SGTR0CK117

SGTR0CK117

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been playing around with creating sigs for myself for a couple of months now as a bit of a hobby, I'm mainly using photoshop, created a lot of my own renders from gaming wallpapers etc,

What do you guys think. I'm looking for some good honest feedback on these to help me improve.

Ib4u2ib.png

vesQ3sJ.png

nEpFMkQ.png

cFeQD7U.png

8d82Q4z.png

FnbQ78o.png

TsTJLio.png

-Le Me-

-Le Me-

Self-Certified Polymath
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks cool man. You have some nice ideas. Text is not too big and isn't too far away from the render, which is a big plus. You should try working with lightning a lot more to give your tags a better overall atmosphere. Although I don't really know what the glow around the render is doing. I mean, you have the basics now. It's time to improve and give yout tags the finishing touch. Like, try working on depth, lightning and flow. I guess, the main problem with your tags is that there is a lot of empty space. Try filling it somehow and be creative :wink:.

SGTR0CK117

SGTR0CK117

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks cool man. You have some nice ideas. Text is not too big and isn't too far away from the render, which is a big plus. You should try working with lightning a lot more to give your tags a better overall atmosphere. Although I don't really know what the glow around the render is doing. I mean, you have the basics now. It's time to improve and give yout tags the finishing touch. Like, try working on depth, lightning and flow. I guess, the main problem with your tags is that there is a lot of empty space. Try filling it somehow and be creative :wink:.

Thanks appreciate the feedback, depth lighting and flow- can anyone point me to further info on these concepts?
Also have been seeming particularly in Holo Holo and Fanboy work a big use of c4d but can't seem to find any tuts on using them effectively, I think this would help fill the empty spaces?

I guess the glow around the render and the large area of black space is my way of drawing the viewer directly to the focal point but agreed it doesn't work on everything?

Last edited:
Holo

Holo

I am Holo, and Holo is all that I am
Retired
TotM EotM Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks appreciate the feedback, depth lighting and flow- can anyone point me to further info on these concepts?
Also have been seeming particularly in Holo Holo and Fanboy work a big use of c4d but can't seem to find any tuts on using them effectively, I think this would help fill the empty spaces?

I guess the glow around the render and the large area of black space is my way of drawing the viewer directly to the focal point but agreed it doesn't work on everything?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...n_of_a_good_tag_by_blizzardesigns-d5kpute.png

http://alenas.deviantart.com/art/Basic-Lighting-Tutorial-312058122

dimensionn907

dimensionn907

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You've got some awesome flow goin on in these photos. Just work on your lighting and blending a little bit. With the Matrix siggy, I think you had way to much outline glow on her. It actually hurt my eyes just a little bit to look at. Also, work on your color flow. You have nice artboards so far. Keep working and one day look back at these and improve on them maybe. Good sigs :smile:

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Image 3 & Image 7 - f**king awesome pal.

I like the others also, but those two in particular nailed the coffin for me.

SGTR0CK117

SGTR0CK117

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks everyone for the feedback, appreciate it. Holo Holo had a look at the tuts, excellent thx. Had a go at my first real effort of using c4d renders not as easy as you guys make it look but I'm using as my sig. What do think for my first real effort at that style?
Seems to fit the joker abstract, mad etc. tried to play around with the depth in this one, blurred out some of the splinter fragments in the background and used the dodge and burn tools on the joker to create lighter and darker regions, also had a play withe the distort/displacement filter to

-Le Me-

-Le Me-

Self-Certified Polymath
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks everyone for the feedback, appreciate it. Holo Holo had a look at the tuts, excellent thx. Had a go at my first real effort of using c4d renders not as easy as you guys make it look but I'm using as my sig. What do think for my first real effort at that style?
Seems to fit the joker abstract, mad etc. tried to play around with the depth in this one, blurred out some of the splinter fragments in the background and used the dodge and burn tools on the joker to create lighter and darker regions, also had a play withe the distort/displacement filter to
Looks okay, but you need to work on your flow when using C4Ds. Also, some parts seem oversharpened and low quality. Other than that, maybe palce the render a bit more to the right because it seems a bit too close to the border, which makes the whole sig look very unbalanced. Maybe try this to get a basic feeling for C4D usage: Link
I think it will help you. It's not the best example, but still he gets the basics right in his tutorial, so try and focus on what he's doing and why. Try not to copy him completely though because you have to experience some stuff yourself. Hope I could help a bit. :smile:

SGTR0CK117

SGTR0CK117

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks okay, but you need to work on your flow when using C4Ds. Also, some parts seem oversharpened and low quality. Other than that, maybe palce the render a bit more to the right because it seems a bit too close to the border, which makes the whole sig look very unbalanced. Maybe try this to get a basic feeling for C4D usage: Link
I think it will help you. It's not the best example, but still he gets the basics right in his tutorial, so try and focus on what he's doing and why. Try not to copy him completely though because you have to experience some stuff yourself. Hope I could help a bit. :smile:

Thanks ill take a look

SGTR0CK117

SGTR0CK117

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, so I few more that I'd like to throw up for comment, what do think, good...bad?
I have been playing around some new techniques first one was the particle idea that I used from a thread on Dramatic Rain Tutorial posted by -Le Me- -Le Me-

The idea was to have the boy bathed in light with particles and buckles catching light.

4eE4Xzb.png

These two where just fun playing around with various lighting aspects

zqVMDB7.png
lnu5cJH.png

Thanks everyone

HangtimePro

HangtimePro

Permanently Plugged In
Mr. Nice Guy Forum Addict Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I like image 2 and 6, the color depth in both are amazing!

Mr Yuck

Mr Yuck

The most Awesome Noob...
Reaction score
Sin$
I think they all are awsome. Expecially mine! Thanks Sarge:smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register