Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Gibbed Download: [Click here to view this link]

It seem to me that by looking at the enormous amounts of boosting and duping requests that I see on this site and many others, that many people may not know how easy it is to accomplish 95% of that on their own. This thread is an attempt to show the basics of Gibbed for the purposes that the average BL2 player would need.

First things first though, you need to get your saves to your PC if you are on console. This is also an easy process that I have outlined in the following threads:

XBOX USERS:
How to Extract and Replace a Game Save with Horizon

PS3 USERS:
How to Decrypt and Encrypt Your PS3 Saves with Bruteforce

Now that we've covered that, let's get right into the basics of Gibbed. Before you open your save make sure to choose the right format from the drop down menu!

Boost Your Characters on Your Own

The General tab has the basic information about your character including its type, level, experience and customizations. For this we are just going to focus on the level aspect. You'll see the Experience Level line and you can just level it up to whatever level you want. After doing this, make sure you hit Sync next to the Experience Points field.

(NOTE: For some reason on Xbox, the max Experience Points is 3 Points lower than the other systems. If you set your level to 61 and are on Xbox, after you sync your XP, click the down button until it reads 5985083. Not doing so will not harm your save in any way but, you will be prompted everytime you load this save that your character can not gain XP past 61 until a level cap increase is released.)

(NOTE 2: Similar to the 61 issue, level 72 syncs to 9520931. On Xbox you need to change it to 9520933 and PC/PS3/PS4 to 9520932.)

(Xbox One/PS4 Update: Xbox One level 72 is 9520929. Pre-Sequel on PS3/PS4 level 70 is one point higher than Gibbed syncs to at 8798786.)

With Gibbed R219 or higher you can now set your OP level. Currently there is no sanity check on this but, since gear maxes out at level 127, the highest usable level is 55. If you set your OP level, your gear will sync based on your character level + your OP level.
(Example: Character Level 72 and OP Level 4 = 76)

Another easy thing to do is change your Head and Skin. If you do not currently have a particular Head or Skin unlocked you can still set it here. You will have it in game unless you change it at a Quick Change station. Also, if you set it to one that you do not own the DLC for or one of the ones you have to buy, it will revert to default in game.

8C9e4oO.jpg

Change level and hit Sync next to Experience Points. You have just leveled yourself up.

Max Your Currencies

The next tab is fairly self explanatory. You can set your Currencies to whatever value you want up to their maximum.
oukeaSI.jpg

Set your Currencies to these values and you have just maxed out your Currencies.

Dupe Weapons to Yourself

The next tab is your Backpack tab. This is where you can add, delete and modify items that you have Equipped and in your Backpack. For the purpose of this tutorial we will focus on adding items. To easily add an item just copy its BL2 code in its entirety from any source you can find them.

Example: BL2(hwAAAAAZTACE5wRACtHr6cNohYEQ4wHG/38JGB4w/v8rxGiDgRHj)
Copy everything from the BL2 all the way to the closing parenthesis.

Once you've copied the code, simply hit the Paste Code button to add it to your Backpack. It also does not matter what level the code is for because you can simply change the Manufacturer Grade and Game Stage to your level. Alternatively, if you have leveled yourself up and you want to level up your gear, just hit the Sync All button to change all your gear to your current level.

With the update you now have the ability to Overpower your weapons. There is nothing special you need to do with setting there level. OP1 = Level 73, OP2 = Level 74, etc.

upyZBkh.jpg

Dupe (Modded) Weapons to Yourself
(NOTE: Modded weapons have since been patched. If you aren't running an updated version of the game then you can still use them. However, for most people, 99% of modded gear will not work anymore.)

The Bank tab works in much the same way as the Backpack only you don't have the option for Equipping. For our purposes we use this to give ourselves modded items.

Modded items must be created in the Bank and returned to it after used in game!

You can paste codes for legit items into your Bank and then mod them if you would like or simply find an item you want (I would suggest from HERE :smile: ) and paste it into your Bank. You will see yellow exclamation points next to parts that are not legit for that particular item but, as long as you create the item in your Bank, you should be able to load up your character and the item will be there in game.

5oJmDHw.jpg

VIDEO TUTORIAL

That concludes this basic tutorial for using Gibbed. This should cover most everything that the average BL2 player would need to use Gibbed for. I will most likely make a follow-up to this thread outlining some of the easier things to do with the Raw tab that may be helpful as well.

Last edited:
nipun99

nipun99

Dead and Gone...
Reaction score
Sin$
Your title says "Part 1" that means you are working on part 2??

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This will certainly minimize those question from newbies great job DOMIN8 DOMIN8 :smile:.
Thanks. It's an attempt to ease some of the pressure off the boosters and dupers. :smile:
Your title says "Part 1" that means you are working on part 2??
Part 2 will cover some of the easier things that can be done in the Raw tab.

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
Just passing by.
Nice Stuff, maybe use a few spoilers?
A little text heavy

parabrahma

parabrahma

★★★★★★★★★ ►► Go Ranga ◄◄ ★★★★★★★★★
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the tutorial works well just as it is. It is very simple and concise. I don't know where spoilers can be inserted. Nor do I find it text heavy.
To point users to this tutorial with the idea of generating their own items etc. as opposed to duping should be a first step. Why not? We all know that using gibbed is very easy. So lets first encourage such members to try gibbed themselves.
Then, if they cant do it for whatever reason, they can still be directed to a boosting/duping service.
This tutorial thread is a very good idea. :biggrin:

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
It is probably because I am on mobile :tongue:
I think the tutorial works well just as it is. It is very simple and concise. I don't know where spoilers can be inserted. Nor do I find it text heavy.
To point users to this tutorial with the idea of generating their own items etc. as opposed to duping should be a first step. Why not? We all know that using gibbed is very easy. So lets first encourage such members to try gibbed themselves.
Then, if they cant do it for whatever reason, they can still be directed to a boosting/duping service.
This tutorial thread is a very good idea. :biggrin:

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Added a video to the OP. :smile:

marstonjohn

marstonjohn

Reaction score
Sin$
can we now add 999 eridium after the latest update today ???

also i havent installed the update yet so before doing that i want to clear few things out .... please help....

1. should i revert back the unlimited ammo pool to default values ?? both in black market and Resource Data area under RAW tab ??
** because i heard after latest update there will be two more stage for ammo upgrade and bank , backpack upgrade in game.. black market..

2. what about skill points ??? mine is maxed out in every section... should i clear them out and make it only 57 points available to spent ??

Zaniach

Zaniach

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you do overpower levels on the weapons ? i tried editing the Manufactor grade to 80 but when i sync it switches back to 72
~ What am i doing wrong ? :smile: also. how to you apply overpower levels specific for a character ?

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you do overpower levels on the weapons ? i tried editing the Manufactor grade to 80 but when i sync it switches back to 72
~ What am i doing wrong ? :smile: also. how to you apply overpower levels specific for a character ?
On the Character tab there is an option to put in your OP level. If you change it to 8 then your weapons will sync to 80.

Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I updated the OP with some of the new info regarding OP levels and made a note about modded gear.
:smile:

Cataclysm

Cataclysm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My Norton 360 is saying its a virus and is auto-deleteing it -__- is it a virus?
NVM i scanned it with mcaffe, it was given the all clear and i just bypassed it :smile: i hate norton.

Top Bottom
Login
Register