GH3 DLC Modding?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by mastervito, Jul 20, 2009 with 10 replies and 2,837 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastervito

mastervito Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey everyone i might be a nub here but im not a retard lol

ANYWAY i was wondering the other day...

I like Guitar Hero...
    I Play Xpert...
    GH3 IS THE BEST...
    But the Songs are way too****ingeasy...
    I Have seen some beastasscustom songs...
    I dont have the resources to modd my Drive to played burned games tho...
    Wait...
    If i own a DLC Track Pack...
    and a TRANSFER cable...
    would there be a way to...
    INJECT custom songs into the dlc file...
    provided that someone breaks the encryption...
    hmm...
    I wonder...
    how about you guys?

2. Parkerb123

Parkerb123 Newbie

Ratings:
    Very good idea would love it if it worked but as of now no one can sign Livecons. :frown:

3. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Livecons? They're just LIVE containers. As mentioned by previous poster, there is no way to play the content.

Also, you don't have the resources to mod your drive? here is a free way for you

Also, I did check things on guitar hero customs on the 360. So far, GH3 still cannot be modded on the xbox 360, only Guitar Hero II. You can buy the game for the PC if you really wanted customs though, I think I remember reading on some **** that allows customs on the PC version.

4. OP
    mastervito

mastervito Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well one im deff dont have the cash to ship the drive lol to AZ would probably be cheaper just to find a Connectivity kit(only piece neither me nor my friends have...)

2. you CAN mod gh3 for xbox360 i have personally seen it in action...
    3. i already have gh3 PC and it wont run on my desktop only the lappy which means i cant plug it into my TV and play bigscreen
    4. im sayin if there is way to inject you content into purchased content i dont think it would need to be resigned would it ?

like i buy the...Foo Fighters pack then take it and INJECT good songs...that are difficult and so on then just put it back ???:huh: or would it still need resigning??

ahh why cant this be as easy as the PSP lol :cursing:

give me time and i wont have to ask stupid questions guys :cool:

5. KN1GHTH4WK429

KN1GHTH4WK429 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    possible if you werre to iso mod just look it up someone posted a rick roll custom song for the 360 ill gave you a link if i can find it again

6. jdcx95

jdcx95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The DLC can't be resigned because it is a LIVE file, encrypted by 2048-bit RSA keys that we probably won't have access to in our life times.

GH3 ISO mods are only autoplay, not custom songs. Only gh3 customs are possible on Wii and PS2.

GH2 customs, however, are possible on Xbox 360.

7. KN1GHTH4WK429

KN1GHTH4WK429 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it is possible cause gh3 wasnt signed with a 2048 rsa signature only dlc are iso mods were not signed with that code until ghwt
    heres proof3
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giFjFfY4hhA"]YouTube - Custom Song Rick Roll - Guitar Hero 3 (Xbox 360)[/ame]
    and if you want more info go to scorehero they have tuts on how to do it its an iso mod tho so you need a flashed drive
    heres the link to the site you can search a tut yourself im to lazy atm
    Code:
    http://www.scorehero.com/forum/
    next time do your research before you post

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    mastervito

mastervito Enthusiast

Ratings:
    wowz like iknow u canz customz GH3 .iso's but i have no way to flash and im lazy
    lol i cant believe ppl think the encryption cant be cracked either for ****s sake

itskinda like a wool sweater pull one thread hard enough and the rest will begin to unravel it will happen dont worry

btw no1 has actually given me a answer im satisfied with so let me rephrase this a bit...

I download a track pack lets say the boss battle pack lol its free
    THEN i copy that data to my PC...THEN I Inject into the file a custom song.
    Then I put it back...Possible? simple? Difficult? someone should try this out...I would...but im still learning

9. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    not possible....

when you change ANYTHING in the DLC container you will have to resign it, which is impossible

10. OP
    mastervito

mastervito Enthusiast

Ratings:
    more with the not possible...damn i thought i had a gud idear..

11. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    As a person who frequently lurks and posts at Scorehero, I can easily say that there is nothing there about GH3 360 modding beside people asking and getting a "No" spit at them.
    Sure you can mod the ISO, but nobody at Scorehero cares, because most don't know how/don't care about firmware modding, so the belief is "I'm not risking getting banned from Xbox Live over silly Guitar Hero songs".
    If you have a flashed drive already all power to you, but there is no GH3 360 tutorial to be found at that site.

If you want customs so bad I suggest you nab a copy of the PC version and use the various optimizers if your PC can't handle its above average specs.