Getting songs from Ipod to new comp.

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by VoOdOo, Jan 11, 2009 with 11 replies and 1,110 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoOdOo

VoOdOo VIP VIP

Ratings:
    My friend has an ipod and got a new computer and wants her music off the ipod to the new computer. She doesnt have it backed up on the OG computer. I know ive heard of a program that does this but i dont remember what its called.

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Connect the ipod to a computer and then in iTunes click on the iPod on the panel on the left, and check enable disk use. Then open my computer and double click your ipod in there. Then goto tools>folder options>show hidden files and folders. Open the ipod_control folder, and there will be a bunch of folders with her songs in them. Copy, paste, done.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ROG Loco

ROG Loco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There are many different programs that you can use. Check ipodlounge.com but i would recommend doing what Ibdc said. One program deleted all of my music off my ipod and didnt transfer anything.

4. Babyobesity

Babyobesity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks for the help IBDC :thumbup:

5. Inverted

Inverted Getting There

Ratings:
    only problem is that they're in their coded names not the artist-album-song.

6. 187Modz

187Modz Enthusiast

Ratings:
  7. mexkan

mexkan Shoot the J! Premium

Ratings:
    how do you do it in vista

8. Inverted

Inverted Getting There

Ratings:
    im pretty sure that way that idbc sayed works in vista, it worked in xp and i assume it would be no different.. thing is you will have to rename the folders because there names are in the coded state and not in what you see in itunes and similar programs.

9. Zamity

Zamity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It works in vista. You must be having problems finding the option to show hidden files. I will get back to you once i figure out how i did it.

K i found it. Go to your iPod on my computer. When the list of folders come out look on your window for organize. Click it, click folder and search options, go to view, scroll down for the folder that says hidden files and click show hidden files. Then back in your iPod's folders will show a transparent folder. Click on it, then click music and every folder has some of your songs in it.

10. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:
    make sure your ipod is connected to itunes, then you can safely copy the folders over; have to rename all the mp3s though

11. iTina

iTina Banned

Ratings:
    Hello there, as long as your songs are still on your iPod, you can get them onto the new computer and iTunes easily.
    The most convenient and secure way is to use an iPod-to-computer transfer program to help you, like this handy [Click here to view the link].

The whole process goes as follows:
    Firstly install this program on your new computer. When you plug your iPod to the computer, this program will instantly display all songs and videos on the iPod.You simply select what you wish to transfer and click "Copy" button. Done. All your selected files will be copied to your computer safely. Now you can easily add those songs and videos to your iTunes library. See detailed guide.
    More importantly, this won't overwrite any original files on your iPod. And all song names are preserved.
    Here is step-by-step [Click here to view the link] on the whole process:

Hope this can be helpful to you, too.:smile:

12. omggggg mw2

omggggg mw2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you can use a program called podworks.. not sure how much it costs or if its worth it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.