What's new

Getting refund from Microsoft for $4.99 1,200 MSP?

• Thread starter vx FIasco xv
  • Start date
  • Views 1,184
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vx FIasco xv

Reaction score
So turns out Microsoft majorly 'ballsed up' with the discount code, expecting people to only use it once. I used it 20 times however only got 16 codes and am waiting on 4 more to come through however I believe Microsoft won't be sending them out and have some the codes in "Review Status" even though in my PayPal it says they're "Completed".

The largest problem I'm facing is that I'm from UK and used a US Address from fakenamegenerator :tongue: I opened up a chat earlier and they asked me where I was from so I waited for chat to time-out (Didn't know what to say).

I think if I was able to find out the PayPal transaction IDs of the ones which didn't come through, I could separatly open up disputes via PayPal however I'm not sure it's possible to differentiate the transactions which did come through to the ones which didn't.

Is there anyone else here who used the code from UK to get the MSP for $4.99 and managed to get a refund?

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Reaction score
So turns out Microsoft majorly 'ballsed up' with the discount code, expecting people to only use it once. I used it 20 times however only got 16 codes and am waiting on 4 more to come through however I believe Microsoft won't be sending them out and have some the codes in "Review Status" even though in my PayPal it says they're "Completed".

The largest problem I'm facing is that I'm from UK and used a US Address from fakenamegenerator :tongue: I opened up a chat earlier and they asked me where I was from so I waited for chat to time-out (Didn't know what to say).

I think if I was able to find out the PayPal transaction IDs of the ones which didn't come through, I could separatly open up disputes via PayPal however I'm not sure it's possible to differentiate the transactions which did come through to the ones which didn't.

Is there anyone else here who used the code from UK to get the MSP for $4.99 and managed to get a refund?

I just got off the phone from them, they basically got raped on this so they are backed up on orders. So from what I understand I got charged twice when I bought two so they are either going to send me them or refund my money. Even if you got 16 out of the 20 that's still a good deal but I understand your dilemma.

T

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Reaction score
Yeah, greedy people like you raped it so it got backed up.

I got 2 codes...and it took 3 days for me to get them...

C

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Yeah, greedy people like you raped it so it got backed up.

I got 2 codes...and it took 3 days for me to get them...
I ordered 4. Got two the same day (this past Saturday) and still didn't get my other two!

A

Ace

Courtesy of Doodle210
Reaction score
people should avoid these 1200 MSP as MS are banning XBL accounts for Marketplace Theft due to the massive abuse
fair warning

N

Noumenon

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
I had to contact them and they gave me three out of the four codes. The agent said I have to contact my bank to get a refund for the fourth. bulls***.

A

Ace

Courtesy of Doodle210
Reaction score
No concrete proof. However you only need to contact MS CS to know there's an insane amount of orders being placed for the 1200 MSPs and there's a reason why people who've ordered a 1200 MSP have yet to get a confirmation email let alone a working valid code

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
No concrete proof. However you only need to contact MS CS to know there's an insane amount of orders being placed for the 1200 MSPs and there's a reason why people who've ordered a 1200 MSP have yet to get a confirmation email let alone a working valid code

no, you said m$ is banning people for theft.

1. no they're not
2. it's not theft -_-

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I ordered two, got them in 10 minutes.

T

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Reaction score
I ordered one and still nothing.

T

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Reaction score
They will NOT ban anyone for using this. The codes are still paid for. They pay nothing to generate the codes so they still made a killing off this.

S

Sleet

#Embrace2NE1 #EmbraceODonnell #EmbraceNixFifty
Reaction score
Yeah I did mine on Saturday and did 2 and still haven't got my codes

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
called them
they cancelling all orders which have not gone through yet

they will offer 1 code to place a new order 
called them

D

darthever

Stand on guard for thee
Reaction score
called them

called them

Wait, so i can still place an order for this and i will get a code?

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Wait, so i can still place an order for this and i will get a code?

no

the deal is over

for those who did

they are entitled to one code and one only.

Z

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Reaction score
So does anyone think it's worth it to use my code I got from the offer? It's not been used by anyone and I want some MSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom