What's new

Solved Getting On Xlink Kai With Jtag?

• Thread starter MrTwiggy101
  • Start date
  • Views 1,792

MrTwiggy101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I just had a few quick questions I was hoping someone could answer =)

1. What do I need to do to get on Xlink Kai with a JTAG? I'm under the impression that I just need the kxam.Patch and the 30 ms ping limit restriction taken off.

2. How do I/Can I add the kxam.Patch and do modding and etc... without a transfer cable? I have a USB stick, but I saw a video where it said I need to inject the KXAM.Patch onto my harddrive, but I don't have a transfer cable. Can I stick it on the USB stick then copy it over to the harddrive somehow? If so, how?

3. What is a .xex?

4. Where is a good tutorial that shows indepth and step-by-step on how to extract my NAND and any other info/files that I need?

Thanks in advance a lot for any helpful replies,

-Twiggy

SnD Scrub

The Warez kings humble Protégé
Reaction score
you have a Jtag and you dont know what a XeX is im sorry but...

3rd time today im on a spree

MrTwiggy101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have a Jtag and you dont know what a XeX is im sorry but...

3rd time today im on a spree

Am I expected to recieve brainwaves from the JTAG gods that reveals as to what an XEX is? Is that how it works? Because I was under the impression that people aren't born that with sort of information, and information like that is meant to be retrieved via communications of other human beings. Hence, why I asked the question.

No need to be an arse. I asked a simple question. If you don't like the question for whatever reason, you can feel free not to post in my thread. Thanks =)

EDIT: Also, being on a spree of telling people who ask questions that they are stupid and insulting them is not something to be proud of. At least, not in the real world.

SDTxPappysrus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well for starters and xex is just like and exe from a comp. An xex is an xbox executable file.

For the xlink, I have had a few problems with it my self so I can only have people join me I cant join them for some reason.

Here is a good TUT for your jtag.

SnD Scrub

Reaction score
Am I expected to recieve brainwaves from the JTAG gods that reveals as to what an XEX is? Is that how it works? Because I was under the impression that people aren't born that with sort of information, and information like that is meant to be retrieved via communications of other human beings. Hence, why I asked the question.

No need to be an arse. I asked a simple question. If you don't like the question for whatever reason, you can feel free not to post in my thread. Thanks =)

EDIT: Also, being on a spree of telling people who ask questions that they are stupid and insulting them is not something to be proud of. At least, not in the real world.
it just goes to show that people just buy Jtags to be cool and dont do any research first let me guess were you gonna use it for MW2 maybe a 10th lobby here and there thats why people do this thing before they do stuff its called "research" and im on a spree because ppl ask incredibly stupid things like oh im getting black ops 2morrow and im live streaming so yeah

MrTwiggy101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well for starters and xex is just like and exe from a comp. An xex is an xbox executable file.

For the xlink, I have had a few problems with it my self so I can only have people join me I cant join them for some reason.

Here is a good TUT for your jtag.
Alright, thanks a lot ^_^

DopePope

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, Scrub has a valid point. You clearly have done no research. Research is Searching. You clearly didn't look into setting up xlink or using the 30 ms ping patch. Because if you did you wouldnt of asked how to do it cause it so easy. And you obviously don't know what XeXMenu is witch is one of the first programs people put on there jtag. You have done NO RESEARCH! mayb a little... cause you know what a jtag is. But thats it you bought something u have no idea what it is or what it does. I will give you some stuff for getting you started with everything.

Here we are just for you, a NOoB proof tut on how to install xexmenu. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/179935-tut-how-to-install-xexmenu-n00b-proof/ you will use xexmenu to move content from your USB to your HDD on ur jtag.

How to install Freeboot (you will need freeboot for 30ms ping patch)
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/201885-videohow-to-install-freeboot-0032/

How to install the 30 ms ping patch http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/246890-how-to-install-the-30ms-ping-patch/

There you go that took me like 5 minutes... Learn to use the Search Funcation. Its Great!

MrTwiggy101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, Scrub has a valid point. You clearly have done no research. Research is Searching. You clearly didn't look into setting up xlink or using the 30 ms ping patch. Because if you did you wouldnt of asked how to do it cause it so easy. And you obviously don't know what XeXMenu is witch is one of the first programs people put on there jtag. You have done NO RESEARCH! mayb a little... cause you know what a jtag is. But thats it you bought something u have no idea what it is or what it does. I will give you some stuff for getting you started with everything.

Here we are just for you, a NOoB proof tut on how to install xexmenu. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/179935-tut-how-to-install-xexmenu-n00b-proof/ you will use xexmenu to move content from your USB to your HDD on ur jtag.

How to install Freeboot (you will need freeboot for 30ms ping patch)
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/201885-videohow-to-install-freeboot-0032/

How to install the 30 ms ping patch http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/246890-how-to-install-the-30ms-ping-patch/

There you go that took me like 5 minutes... Learn to use the Search Funcation. Its Great!
I have done some research. I realize that XeXMenu is used to start and boot up files like games. I know that the 30 ms ping patch is used to remove the restriction limit of only 30 ping in system link which allows for you to Xlink Kai with others across the country. I had specific questions that particularly revolved around Xlink Kai and a JTAG, and the function of the patches required. I've watched some videos, as stated in the original post, but they simply were not clear enough. I decided to ask questions hoping for simple and helpful answers that would save me the trouble of bricking a new JTAG.

With all that said, I appreciate the free boot link and 30 ms ping patch link. I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but I feel that the info was given with a lavishing of insult to make false accusations and assumptions on what I have and havn't done, and what I do and don't know. I'm not saying I know a lot, but I still don't think it's justified to attack and accuse someone of doing some things when you don't even know that person.

Thanks again,

-Twiggy

Vergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you also need to install dashlaunch i believe.

SnD Scrub

Reaction score
I have done some research. I realize that XeXMenu is used to start and boot up files like games. I know that the 30 ms ping patch is used to remove the restriction limit of only 30 ping in system link which allows for you to Xlink Kai with others across the country. I had specific questions that particularly revolved around Xlink Kai and a JTAG, and the function of the patches required. I've watched some videos, as stated in the original post, but they simply were not clear enough. I decided to ask questions hoping for simple and helpful answers that would save me the trouble of bricking a new JTAG.

With all that said, I appreciate the free boot link and 30 ms ping patch link. I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but I feel that the info was given with a lavishing of insult to make false accusations and assumptions on what I have and havn't done, and what I do and don't know. I'm not saying I know a lot, but I still don't think it's justified to attack and accuse someone of doing some things when you don't even know that person.

Thanks again,

-Twiggy
welcome to the internet

Alright, thanks a lot ^_^

First off, you don't know me. So don't act like you know me and my reasonings for obtaining a jtag. Second of all, this is my research. If you want people to research about their JTAGS, how about you let them ask their questions so that they can obtain the information they require (IE. Researching) rather than be a jerk and trying to act cool because you already have the information. And also, no, I wasn't. I purchased one so that I could play games early, so that I can make videos for my group on youtube with 11k subscribers, and so that I can have fun. So firetruck you and go act cooler somewhere else.

Thanks a bunch papppyrus for taking the time to write up that post and give me some of the information I'm looking for =)

-Twiggy
congrats on you 11k subscribers and all hey maybe machinima will sponsor you but it still proves that you have done NO research whatsoever

DopePope

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was kinda a lash out. As for me and Scrub, combined we have probably answered these exact same questions over 500 times. I can tell from your first post to the one you replied to me that you have done some research. Have you figured everything out? You need Freeboot with Dashlaunch. Then you just add the kxam.patch to the Root of your HDD's. Download and install xlink kia. Then you might have some problems post what they are and we can help.

MrTwiggy101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was kinda a lash out. As for me and Scrub, combined we have probably answered these exact same questions over 500 times. I can tell from your first post to the one you replied to me that you have done some research. Have you figured everything out? You need Freeboot with Dashlaunch. Then you just add the kxam.patch to the Root of your HDD's. Download and install xlink kia. Then you might have some problems post what they are and we can help.
Alright, thank you very much. I think I've got most of it figured out. =)

Thanks,

-Twiggy

Also, I sympathize with the amount of answers you have to post to similar or clone questions. But I've looked around and there just isn't a place that answers all of my questions or really states these things in plain ways. For example, I have no idea what the difference between an original NAND and a Current NAND is and whether or not I constantly need an updated and 'current' NAND. I can't find anywhere that states that, and when I, or people like me, have questions that we can't find answers to in posts or tutorials/guides, the only place left is other people with experience and knowledge. I'm hoping that once I learn more and get the hang of it that I can dip in and hopefully create some stuff that will help better the community, and maybe post a guide that answers all of the questions that I have.

MadDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been fun to read.

I see where scrub is coming from it annoys me too when people buy jtags and don't have a clue about them, but at the same time it was wrong for him to just presume Twiggy bought one for 10th lobbies.. This is a community we help people when they need help.

Scrub you could have answered those questions for him and complained about him buying a jtag and not even knowing what a .xex is and he would have listened because you were nice enough to help him but noooooooo

:tongue:

DopePope

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, I sympathize with the amount of answers you have to post to similar or clone questions. But I've looked around and there just isn't a place that answers all of my questions or really states these things in plain ways. For example, I have no idea what the difference between an original NAND and a Current NAND is and whether or not I constantly need an updated and 'current' NAND. I can't find anywhere that states that, and when I, or people like me, have questions that we can't find answers to in posts or tutorials/guides, the only place left is other people with experience and knowledge. I'm hoping that once I learn more and get the hang of it that I can dip in and hopefully create some stuff that will help better the community, and maybe post a guide that answers all of the questions that I have.
Unless your hosting lobbies online all the time you dont need to worry about what your NAND is. Do you know if you have Freeboot or XBR3 installed on your jtag? A easy way to tell is to check what dashboard version you have. If you have 9199 dash then you have freeboot. Try contacting the person you got your jtag off see if they have a copy of your original NAND because you might want that for upgrading purposes. If not your can get donor NAND's. Before all this tho figure out what you've got on your jtag and then what you need after.

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
it just goes to show that people just buy Jtags to be cool and dont do any research first let me guess were you gonna use it for MW2 maybe a 10th lobby here and there thats why people do this thing before they do stuff its called "research" and im on a spree because ppl ask incredibly stupid things like oh im getting black ops 2morrow and im live streaming so yeah

SO, I just want to be cool because I bought a Jtag just to play Halo Reach? Your logic doesn't make sense my friend. Who are you to judge if a question is "incredibly stupid" or not. I hardly know anything about a Jtag although I am learning, just like him. If someone has a question they are going to ask. Grow up a little bit, and stop calling people stupid because they have a question. One day you will have a question, and I hope everyone calls your stupid for not knowing everything.

Laugh

Contributor
Reaction score
Cleaned up spam and the flaming. Keep it clean guys. People need to learn somewhere. OP, if you need help let me know.

Also, moved.

Top Bottom