Solved Getting it on the Harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by Lance//Ryuu91, Jul 4, 2006 with 5 replies and 786 views.

1. Lance//Ryuu91

Lance//Ryuu91 Newbie

Ratings:
    Okay, I'm back in unknown territory for me. I ripped the Halo 2 game onto my computer using someone from here's tutorial on it, but when I tried to go to the step about an ISO no new box ever came up. Plus, the DVD Decrypter program the person said to use doesn't work for me or something. All I want to do is get the game onto my XBOX Harddrive so that I can play it straight from there, and still have access to my maps to mod them.

PS. My Dothalo isn't working and neither is H2ed, any ideas?

2. CrippLed

CrippLed Enthusiast

Ratings:
    FTP the game straight to your HD dont even put it on your computer, and for DotHalo you probably dont have .NET Framework

3. Siege Soldier

Siege Soldier Enthusiast

Ratings:
    for the dothalo and h2ed you need .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 which you can get by running microsoft update and choosing them.
    for halo 2 on your xbox you should use this tutorial instead

How to get H2 on a stock HD

1. Bring up your modded dashboard preferably EVOX.

2. Connect with Flash FXP or whatever FTP client you use, i recommend using Flash FPX

3. Open your xbox disk tray

4. Place your copy of Halo 2 in disk tray

5. Close disk tray

6. Disk should not boot(if it does go through the system settings and set to not to boot)

7. On your computer you should see something like this
    C:
    E:
    F:
    G:
    D: <----------------Right HERE!!!!!!!!!!
    X:
    Y:
    Z:
    Click on D: when H2 is in your disk tray

8. H2 should come up

9. Copy everything in D: to your computer just the way it is dont change the names of the folder or anything "THIS MAY TAKE AWILLE"
    NOTE: You dont need the <bink>Folder that contains the intro and credits waste of space in my opinion

10. Make a folder called <Halo 2> Put EVERYTHING YOU JUST DOWNLOADED INTO IT EXCEPT OPTIONAL: <bink> :OPTIONAL , your gonna drag all 4 of the .xbe files into it

11. Then drag the <media>Folder and all its contents into the <Halo2>Folder

12. Then drag the <maps>Folder and all its contents into the <Halo2>Folder

13. And the <fonts>Folder and all its contents should be in the <maps>Folder

14. Ok now make a new folder somewhere on your desktop or something and cut and paste all the single-player maps from the <halo2>/<maps>To that new folder, for modding reference and for extracting the pelicans and all that cool stuff. Extract it out of the<Halo2>Folder if this is not done H2 will not fit on stock Hdd
    NOTE: IF you have limited space on your computer like me you might wanna just copy 2 or 3 single-player maps to your computer because they are big. Instead of copying all of H2.

15. Ok once the single-player maps are extracted out of your <halo 2> folder you need to now FTP that <Halo 2> Folder back to your xbox

16. Go under <E:> then go to <games>ANd just put that <Halo 2> folder in the games folder

17. If you dont have a games folder make one Call it "games"

18. Then get on your xbox and launch the game halo2
    NOTE: If the name "Halo 2" doesnt come up immediately under the games on your xbox, just reboot your xbox and it should come up.

19. Vuala,

20. Make mods overwrite those map files with modded ones.

21. DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not by me though i could have written it if i want to waste some time

4. OP
    Lance//Ryuu91

Lance//Ryuu91 Newbie

Ratings:
    So wait, do I have to REBOOT my XBOX for it to show up that there is a game on the harddrive to play? I'm using EVOX and I had this setup earlier but it never said that I had any games on my harddrive.

5. Siege Soldier

Siege Soldier Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yes. the dashboard doesn't refresh itself

6. OP
    Lance//Ryuu91

Lance//Ryuu91 Newbie

Ratings: