Getting HDTV through your 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by AzzidReign, Feb 4, 2009 with 11 replies and 385 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzzidReign

AzzidReign I don't do modded or money lobbies. NO GTA AT ALL! Administrator

Ratings:
    Does anyone know how to do this? It looks like you can through the media center but I'm not quite sure how. I know how to stream everything onto my 360 but I'd like to know how to get HDTV through it (not via netflix).

My thoughts are that I have to get one of those HDTV Tuners for my PC and then run the channels through my computer, which the 360 will be able to connect to and run through. But I want to make sure before I go out and get a tuner. Has anyone gotten this to work?

2. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah basically it works like that. my experience with Tv tuners for PCs usually are all crap. I hated ATI tv tunners. You should google see which one works with media center, either the XP media center, or the vista one.

With vista or xp streaming you just go into MCE and watch live TV and I believe even work with the DVR from the xbox.

3. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    You could try [Click here to view the link] and then download or get external media links to HD quality films.
    It streams HD on the basis both your CPU can handle the transcoding and that your not on a wireless. G, or B, enabled both don't transfer at speeds neccesary.

If you need any help setting it up, PM me or even ask for my AIM.

4. OP
    AzzidReign

Ratings:
    I have TVersity installed, just haven't really looked into it much. PM me your aim sn so we can talk. I'm wanting to create a tutorial on how to get HD tv shows, movies, etc streamed to your Xbox.

5. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
    Are you talking about downloading HD shows/movies (assumably .mkv files?) via rapidshare or torrent or w/e and then streaming them to your 360 or like having some sort of live HD channels stream to your HDTV via your 360?

6. OP
    AzzidReign

Ratings:
    Well, I've already tried mkv files and they don't show up on my Xbox. I've tried it through TVersity, the file showed up but it wouldn't play. I mainly wanna set it up so I can run HDTV (cable) through my 360.

7. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Werent you telling me last night that you solved this conundrum?

8. OP
    AzzidReign

Ratings:
    I told you I had to convert my mkv into an mp4. If I can get the mkv to show up, then I could just run the file through transcode360...but since it doesn't show up, I can't use transcode.

9. cchant

cchant Newbie

Ratings:
    Natively, the 360 can't decode mkv files. You must convert to mp4 or wmv and I think divx and xvid as well. Now if you are using TVersity, it will transcode on the fly for you, but unless you are hardwired to the router and have a decent computer, it's going to be pretty choppy.

I use WME assistant to convert mkv's to wmv-HD and then stream or put on a flash drive to play on the 360. Works pretty good for me.

10. OP
    AzzidReign

Ratings:
    I'm sure my machine can handle anything. I have a 3.0+ghz dual core processor with plenty of ram. I tested the network connection and it bounces between the highest (hdtv) to 2 bars less than highest so it's still in the hd quality range. 360 is hardwired but computer is wireless (N).

I just can't get TVersity to work...or to transcode. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I think it might be b/c I'm on windows 7.

11. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Windows 7 will probably cause some problems......

But if you want Cable TV, you can either buy a QAM/ATSC/NTSC tuner card (will pick up analog channels + ClearQAM HD locals) or a ATI TV Wonder, which requires you to get a CableCARD or M-Card from your cable company, and will pick up all the channels you get on your TV. (assuming you have digital).

12. soft25

soft25 Banned

Ratings:
    Emicsoft [Click here to view the link] can convert from MP4 to other video/audio formats on mac os x. With this Mac MP4 Converter, you are able to convert MP4 to AVI, MP4 to FLV, MP4 to MPEG and also to more popular formats such as MOD, TOD, MKV, WMV, DivX, XviD, MOV, MPEG1/2, 3GP, VOB, HD MP4, HD MOV, HD AVI, HD MP4, etc. Emicsoft MP4 Converter for Mac also can help you extract audio track from MP4 video to MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, AC3 and so on.

Now, it is no longer a problem to convert mp4 on Mac os x. Users can take full advantage of this Emicsoft MP4 Converter for Mac and create unique videos at ease.

Emicsoft [Click here to view the link] supports converting from MKV to all popular video and audio formats including MPEG-4, AVI, DivX, XviD, MOD, FLV, WMV, 3GP, MOV, HD video and MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, AC3, etc. This outstanding mac MKV converter os x works to convert MKV and convert to MKV reversely. Another attracted feature is to convert MKV to iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Zune and more multimedia devices.

Emicsoft [Click here to view the link] is an featured Mac AVCHD MTS video Converter. MTS Converter OS X is a macintosh software that help convert Mac MTS videos to other Mac video and audio formats such as MP4, M4V, MOV, QuickTime format, FLV, AVI, 3GP, MPG, MPEG2, MPEG1, MP3, WAV, AC3, OGG and APE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.