What's new

Discussion Getting hacked through skype?

• Thread starter TemProGamingHD
  • Start date
  • Views 627
TemProGamingHD

TemProGamingHD

FIFA 15 and Destiny gamer!
Reaction score
Sin$
This weekend, my friend asked me to join his group in skype so we can talk about setting up a CS GO team, etc.. But there were 2 ppl that neither of us invited. Supposedly they hacked my friends account and steam and i was next. The thing that saved me from getting hacked was that my steam account was trade banned from recent credit card charge backs. They hacked me because i was "mean" in a comp game a few weeks back and i guess i made him sad/ mad. What a grudge people hold for just a game lol. They threatened that they could take ssn credit cards, etc.. I was abit scared. But why attack a 14 year old for something they said in a video game?
This world is ****ed.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
They can't do anything through skype unless you download/run a file or click a bad link lol. Especially if you have 2 Factor authentication.

TemProGamingHD

TemProGamingHD

FIFA 15 and Destiny gamer!
Reaction score
Sin$
They can't do anything through skype unless you download/run a file or click a bad link lol. Especially if you have 2 Factor authentication.
Tbh, i kinda am thinking that my friend was in on it.... who knows. But they supposedly had access to my pc. Even if i didnt have 2 factor on, they could trade the skins over to their acc.

SirEdwardCool

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Hardened Veteran EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
This times 1000.

Don't run any mods for CS:GO as most if not all are actually a RAT where they can have a play with your machine without you knowing (using this to get all your details and potentially SE their way through your accounts).

aD Bunny

aD Bunny

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Tbh, i kinda am thinking that my friend was in on it.... who knows. But they supposedly had access to my pc. Even if i didnt have 2 factor on, they could trade the skins over to their acc.
They couldn't send skins with your current trade ban.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
They couldn't send skins with your current trade ban.

That. Plus if you don't have 2 factor, it can take several days for accepted trade to go through. You could've cancelled it etc.

aD Bunny

aD Bunny

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
That. Plus if you don't have 2 factor, it can take several days for accepted trade to go through. You could've cancelled it etc.
That. Plus you have to wait a week now with this new verification crap.

Top Bottom
Login
Register