What's new

Discussion Getting hacked through skype?

• Thread starter TemProGamingHD
  • Start date
  • Views 523
T

TemProGamingHD

FIFA 15 and Destiny gamer!
Reaction score
This weekend, my friend asked me to join his group in skype so we can talk about setting up a CS GO team, etc.. But there were 2 ppl that neither of us invited. Supposedly they hacked my friends account and steam and i was next. The thing that saved me from getting hacked was that my steam account was trade banned from recent credit card charge backs. They hacked me because i was "mean" in a comp game a few weeks back and i guess i made him sad/ mad. What a grudge people hold for just a game lol. They threatened that they could take ssn credit cards, etc.. I was abit scared. But why attack a 14 year old for something they said in a video game?
This world is ****ed.

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
They can't do anything through skype unless you download/run a file or click a bad link lol. Especially if you have 2 Factor authentication.

T

TemProGamingHD

FIFA 15 and Destiny gamer!
Reaction score
They can't do anything through skype unless you download/run a file or click a bad link lol. Especially if you have 2 Factor authentication.
Tbh, i kinda am thinking that my friend was in on it.... who knows. But they supposedly had access to my pc. Even if i didnt have 2 factor on, they could trade the skins over to their acc.

S

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Reaction score
This times 1000.

Don't run any mods for CS:GO as most if not all are actually a RAT where they can have a play with your machine without you knowing (using this to get all your details and potentially SE their way through your accounts).

A

aD Bunny

Getting There
Reaction score
Tbh, i kinda am thinking that my friend was in on it.... who knows. But they supposedly had access to my pc. Even if i didnt have 2 factor on, they could trade the skins over to their acc.
They couldn't send skins with your current trade ban.

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
They couldn't send skins with your current trade ban.

That. Plus if you don't have 2 factor, it can take several days for accepted trade to go through. You could've cancelled it etc.

A

aD Bunny

Getting There
Reaction score
That. Plus if you don't have 2 factor, it can take several days for accepted trade to go through. You could've cancelled it etc.
That. Plus you have to wait a week now with this new verification crap.

Top Bottom