• Start date
  • Views 2,199
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XENONOX

Reaction score
Sin$
How likely is it to get banned for playing online Borderlands with modded capacity and modded weapons?

J

Jebus Saves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not very. It doesn't have any real competitive multiplayer (aside from duels). I doubt they consider modding this game ban-worthy.

X

XENONOX

Reaction score
Sin$
Jebus Saves said:
Not very. It doesn't have any real competitive multiplayer (aside from duels). I doubt they consider modding this game ban-worthy.

But saying "not very" still means there's a good chance. So what are the factors that could get you banned with a modded capacity and modded weapons? People submitting a file complaint against you?

D

duroxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XENONOX said:
But saying "not very" still means there's a good chance. So what are the factors that could get you banned with a modded capacity and modded weapons? People submitting a file complaint against you?

don't worry if they were gonna do something it would have happened

second they made the file not encrypted cause they know the game wasn't based on competitive if they felt it was a threat they would have made it encrypted <_<

X

XENONOX

Reaction score
Sin$
duroxx said:
don't worry if they were gonna do something it would have happened

second they made the file not encrypted cause they know the game wasn't based on competitive if they felt it was a threat they would have made it encrypted <_<

A lot of people on GameFAQs are paranoid and it just got me curious about the subject.

If it's non-encrypted, it's most likely safe.

About every person I'm playing with have a modded weapon; if they're going to ban, the entire Borderland community would be gone.

S

someone1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XENONOX said:
How likely is it to get banned for playing online Borderlands with modded capacity and modded weapons?

Its not very likely either because your saves are not stored server side so therefor they dont check them. The only way they would check them is if you had a million complaints filed at you then they might get a little curious. So it isnt at all likely. And for the fact that theres duplicating going on. Theres no way to trace the guns back to you. :smile: Thats why i love borderlands. haha

D

duroxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
someone1 said:
And for the fact that theres duplicating going on. Theres no way to trace the guns back to you. :smile: Thats why i love borderlands. haha

THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER AND ITS TRUE :thumbup:

J

Jebus Saves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XENONOX said:
But saying "not very" still means there's a good chance.
Not very likely means there's a good chance? I thought it meant exactly the opposite.:huh:

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Haa.

Nah, I highly doubt you'd get banned on Borderlands. I've blatantly modded a couple of my accounts to the max level possible in the game using a game saver with max cash and backpack capacity. I don't play online with others though, just friends and recent players.

But do remember there are rules and while they may not be enforced properly on Borderlands there is always a possibility you just may be banned from the game or Xbox Live entirely, even as though that possibility is smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.

Besides they'll be too busy with Modern Gayfare 2 for a while, so mod awayyyy. :cool:

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
SharpGhost said:
Haa.

Nah, I highly doubt you'd get banned on Borderlands. I've blatantly modded a couple of my accounts to the max level possible in the game using a game saver with max cash and backpack capacity. I don't play online with others though, just friends and recent players.

But do remember there are rules and while they may not be enforced properly on Borderlands there is always a possibility you just may be banned from the game or Xbox Live entirely, even as though that possibility is smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.

Besides they'll be too busy with Modern Gayfare 2 for a while, so mod awayyyy. :cool:

They'll be busy with Modern Warfare 2? Explain.

X

XENONOX

Reaction score
Sin$
Jebus Saves said:
Not very likely means there's a good chance? I thought it meant exactly the opposite.:huh:

I meant "there is still a small chance."

My bad.

From the replies, it seems safe to mod Borderland gamesaves and play on XBL as long as you're not causing unwanted attention (lvl 255 and such). And with everyone running around modded weapons, there's no way to trace who was the original culprint for spreading that specific weapon, especially when the game is not encrypted.

And I am curious about Microsoft and MW2 as well. Explain.

S

someone1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XENONOX said:
I meant "there is still a small chance."

My bad.

From the replies, it seems safe to mod Borderland gamesaves and play on XBL as long as you're not causing unwanted attention (lvl 255 and such). And with everyone running around modded weapons, there's no way to trace who was the original culprint for spreading that specific weapon, especially when the game is not encrypted.

And I am curious about Microsoft and MW2 as well. Explain.

well if you havent heard there has been super ban waves going around. Mostly for those who have modded there xbox'es and played it early. Over 50 million, i believe have been banned. They super tightened their security on ModerWarfare 2. Either Treyarch is paying microsoft alot to do this or its their chance to get some bans going beats me.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
They can ban anyone for anything...

S

someone1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Otaku Se7en said:
They can ban anyone for anything...

lol realllly? haha i was just saying that there has been a recent ban wave thats mostly about modded xbox's thats all. Obviously they can ban anbody they want but its just been crazy lately. So your less likely to get banned on borderlands than most newer games now.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
But the point is you can still be Banned, you can say less likely, or they won't care ect. But you can get banned for modding anything.

S

someone1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Otaku Se7en said:
But the point is you can still be Banned, you can say less likely, or they won't care ect. But you can get banned for modding anything.

ill just step up and be the bigger man and say yes you CAN GET BANNED guys. Make sure you all know this. It is extremely possible to get banned when you mod a game save or even tamper with it. Do not forget that!!! You also can get banned for modding your xbox, vulgar language, sexual harassment, and even sending pictures that aren't appropriate. But that just in-case you DIDN'T already know.

N

netham45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
someone1 said:
well if you havent heard there has been super ban waves going around. Mostly for those who have modded there xbox'es and played it early. Over 50 million, i believe have been banned. They super tightened their security on ModerWarfare 2. Either Treyarch is paying microsoft alot to do this or its their chance to get some bans going beats me.

uh, 50 million is quite a steep estimate.

There have only been 28 million 360s sold.

17 million of which are on live.

So, unless they banned 2x the number of 360s sold...

S

someone1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
netham45 said:
uh, 50 million is quite a steep estimate.

There have only been 28 million 360s sold.

17 million of which are on live.

So, unless they banned 2x the number of 360s sold...

lol why i said i believe. I dont know the the dot how many have been, but i know that they were in the millions. so 50 sounded quite nice.

D

dude8937673

I'm 12, Whats A Jtag?
Reaction score
Sin$
someone1 said:
lol why i said i believe. I dont know the the dot how many have been, but i know that they were in the millions. so 50 sounded quite nice.
i think like 600000 have been banned and they plan on banning up to 1 million, but who knows really

N

netham45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea, I had heard 600,000 as of the 10th, but I can't vouch for it's validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register