What's new

Question Getting Banned on Xbox 360

nikooo11

nikooo11

Reaction score
Sin$
So I am very new to modding the Xbox 360 and I was wondering how to avoid getting banned. Do you get banned for using mod menus or simply having an RGH/Jtagged Xbox? If I were to not use mod menus but have a rgh Xbox online could I still get banned? Also, when I get banned and have to buy new "KV" files are these unbanning my Xbox live account or my Xbox 360 console...
I have an Xbox One where I play legit games with my friends and I don't want to end up getting my Live account banned forever because I messed around on the Xbox 360 a little bit.
Thank :smile:

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I am very new to modding the Xbox 360 and I was wondering how to avoid getting banned. Do you get banned for using mod menus or simply having an RGH/Jtagged Xbox?
Just for being online with a JTAG/RGH will result in the console eventually getting banned unless you are on a good stealth server to keep the ban off for awhile.
If I were to not use mod menus but have a rgh Xbox online could I still get banned?
Yes, you could.
Also, when I get banned and have to buy new "KV" files are these unbanning my Xbox live account or my Xbox 360 console...
Unban the console only.
I have an Xbox One where I play legit games with my friends and I don't want to end up getting my Live account banned forever because I messed around on the Xbox 360 a little bit.
I modded online on an RGH for years with no issue. Eventually, my legitimate account and legitimate console were both perma-banned. Mind you, I never ran both consoles at the same time, but I had a static IP as opposed to dynamic. Not sure I can recall an Xbox One getting banned for using an RGH, but try searching the forums to see if it ever happened to anyone.

nikooo11

nikooo11

Reaction score
Sin$
Just for being online with a JTAG/RGH will result in the console eventually getting banned unless you are on a good stealth server to keep the ban off for awhile.

Yes, you could.

Unban the console only.

I modded online on an RGH for years with no issue. Eventually, my legitimate account and legitimate console were both perma-banned. Mind you, I never ran both consoles at the same time, but I had a static IP as opposed to dynamic. Not sure I can recall an Xbox One getting banned for using an RGH, but try searching the forums to see if it ever happened to anyone.
Thank you so much for this response, I was worried about my live account getting banned and if I should buy another live account to mod on to avoid this.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much for this response, I was worried about my live account getting banned and if I should buy another live account to mod on to avoid this.
No worries. I never modded on my normal live account but it still got banned anyways. I think the key is to using a dynamic IP address,

nikooo11

nikooo11

Reaction score
Sin$
No worries. I never modded on my normal live account but it still got banned anyways. I think the key is to using a dynamic IP address,
Wym a dynamic ip address? I know that it means it can be changed but how does this help and how do you get one? If I bought a spam LIVE account would I still run a risk for getting my main xbox LIVE account banned?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Wym a dynamic ip address? I know that it means it can be changed but how does this help and how do you get one? If I bought a spam LIVE account would I still run a risk for getting my main xbox LIVE account banned?
I mean that you can change your IP address. This way when XBL goes to ban your modded console and modded account, they won't also ban your legit console and legit account. Again, I modded using a static IP for years with no issue, but then eventually my legit console and account were banned. So, yes, you would run the risk in my opinion at least on a static IP. On a dynamic IP, you wouldn't because you change your IP from when you are using your legit vs your modded console/account.

Top Bottom
Login
Register