Getting banned because of complaints?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by Psychedelica, Feb 6, 2010 with 12 replies and 463 views.

1. Psychedelica

Psychedelica Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So I'm a real fan of the MW2 elevators, and sometimes do them in public matches...
    Some people really don't like that and call me a cheater.

IMO it's not cheating, because it's a glitch in the game, you can do it without modifying the game, and everyone can do it. It's not my fault other people don't know how to get out of the map, but I know how so I'm going to do it.

By doing this, people are filing complaints against me for cheating.
    What I'm wondering is, does MS often ban people for these complaints?
    Because everyone can just file a complaint about who they want, for any reason, so they cant' know for sure I really glitched, it could for example be just players who got their *** kicked and couldn't take it...

And if they do ban people for these complaints (whether they know it's true or not), do they permaban instantly or first give out some supensions?

2. BoJangles00

BoJangles00 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Did they ban people for the javelin glitch? (Rhetorical)

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Psychedelica

Psychedelica Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sure they did, don't know how they knew people were doing it btw...
    But they said beforehand they were monitoring that glitch and would ban people for it, they haven't said that about elevators...

And my main concern are those complaints, not that they would catch me doing it...

4. XovreS

XovreS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    People will cry and whine about things they don't understand or cannot accomplish, it's just human nature for p*****s. I've found that people ***** about such things until you tell them, then for some odd reason it becomes ok. Common knowledge to me says if I don't know how they did it gtfg.

The bans for the javelin glitch were a little over the line, in my opinion. Glitches should not be bannable offenses, it's not our fault the developers put it there. They don't ban me for using a pro-cannon(n00bt00b) or climbing ladders with marathon pro on, so why ban me for using other things in the game? Of course Microsoft and friends don't see it quite like that.

Nonetheless I think the bans are going to start slowing down soon, from The Pro, from other admins and moderators towards the glitchers. It's only creating more work for the company now being flooded with phone calls, emails and forum posts with concern as to why they've been banned. Instead of wasting time banning they should be wasting time fixing.

5. puniisher 505

puniisher 505 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If your so worried about complaints then do a search on this website on how to make your account not link up to the complaints. There is a really well written tutorial on how to make complaints not go against you. Try searching through the Xbox 360 Tutorials section it's probably in there somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    Psychedelica

Psychedelica Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks, I found what you were talking about.
    Unfortunately it involves modding savefiles, I don't know how to do those things and am not really keen on trying. But even if I did, it would only protect me from a console ban. So I could still lose my account with my precious MW2 progress.:frown:

7. M V P

M V P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Heres the thing. They said people would get suspended for javelin glitching right? My mate got suspended. It was 24hour suspension................ But recently he got banned for 2 weeks. No idea why. We do elevators in public games and care package glitch sometimes but still don't know why he got banned and I didn't. Every time he is glitching I am doing it with him too so Why him and not me?

They warned us about bans for the javelin glitch but nothing has been said like that about elevators or CP glitch. WTF? I think if you run into a clan and you whoop their *** if they all file complaint for same thing you can get suspended. My friend got an email saying it was for system tampering (cheating) << WTF is that? He doesn't even have a transfer cable :tongue:

8. OP
    Psychedelica

Psychedelica Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, seems like MS doesn't know what there doing.:?
    Well, I'll just keep glichting until I get suspended, then I'll stop. I don't want to get a console ban again...:cursing:

9. Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've been in games were someone on a team does amazing and some little 12 year old will try and get everyone to file a complaint.

10. rich123321

rich123321 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you still want i can null your ID and you cant get banned from complaints. Just send me your profile.

11. The Almighty P

The Almighty P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i get every game after i emergency airdrop glitch 3 or more people say "reported" and i've done this for 2 weeks and still no ban so idk what happened with ur friend

12. M V P

M V P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What the hell are you talking about? Please elaborate. I'm interested.

13. havoc exe

havoc exe Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ^truth :smile: