• Thread starter opticalillusion1
  • Start date
  • Views 2,459
O

opticalillusion1

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, first post here

I want to get a rgh xbox360 only for one purpose-to mod single player campaign halo 3.

Some background
I also happen to happen to have fully operational xbox 360 arcade but with one quirk-its does not seem to read any CD's or disks. Do Jtag'd xbox'es read their games off the HDD or would I still need to pop a disc in to launch the game? I also have another(2) RRoD bricked xbox 360s and they both have a working disc drive but irrc its not easy to switch one disc drive to another xbox cuz of all the firmware flashing.

If I am a complete noob to soldering(ive never soldered anything delicate like motherboards) and the most complex thing Ive ever done is assemble 2 PCs(and managed to fry one motherboard in the process first) should I do the JTag tutorial or would I f*** up? Or should I just get a prebuilt Jtag from here(cuz i was told this is the most reputable place on the web for these things). If I get a Jtag from here would it make sense to send in that xbox 360 that I have to the people that jtag mod them? (cuz id love to breathe life into it again)

Also, if and when I do get a Jtag'd 360 that works, would it be able to play split screen halo 3 campaign with mods? Or only via system link? Would a "modded" h3 campaign be able to be played system link with another person who has a regular xbox 360?

sorry for the huge rant lol

stegzy

stegzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jtag xboxs are outdated and old these days we use reset glitch hacked consoles RGH similar to jtag and does the same job i would recommend buying a xbox off a soldering professional as they will install and do the process professionally and correctly. This makes sure the console is quick and reliable and lasts and has all the right programs installed on to ready xbox modding any further questions just pm me

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I also happen to happen to have fully operational xbox 360 arcade but with one quirk-its does not seem to read any CD's or disks. Do Jtag'd xbox'es read their games off the HDD or would I still need to pop a disc in to launch the game?
You wont need any discs. Wont even need the disc drive, could even remove it.

I also have another(2) RRoD bricked xbox 360s and they both have a working disc drive but irrc its not easy to switch one disc drive to another xbox cuz of all the firmware flashing.
Is there a question here?
Well yes, it's possible to switch disc drives, and yes it does require flashing.

If I am a complete noob to soldering(ive never soldered anything delicate like motherboards) and the most complex thing Ive ever done is assemble 2 PCs(and managed to fry one motherboard in the process first) should I do the JTag tutorial or would I **** up? Or should I just get a prebuilt Jtag from here(cuz i was told this is the most reputable place on the web for these things). If I get a Jtag from here would it make sense to send in that xbox 360 that I have to the people that jtag mod them? (cuz id love to breathe life into it again)
If you're up for the challenge of making the console yourself, surely do it.
It'll most definitely be a nice experience (assuming you'll able to (eventually?) get it working :D).
But keep in mind that it'll more than likely be more expensive to it yourself.

An other option is to buy a prebuilt one from a seller. This will likely be the most expensive option.

Then the last option is to send in a console for someone to Jtag/RGH for you. This can often be the cheapest option. It can be quite easy to buy a good working console for really really cheap and then sending it in for someone to mod it.
If you have a really old console, I maybe wouldn't recommend sending it in. Who knows how long it'll last. Depends tho, it could be very reliable. What motherboard version is it?

Also, if and when I do get a Jtag'd 360 that works, would it be able to play split screen halo 3 campaign with mods? Or only via system link? Would a "modded" h3 campaign be able to be played system link with another person who has a regular xbox 360?
Split screen will likely work. System link might. But I have no experience with Halo, so I don't know, just guessing.
I think Professional Professional or Atlas Atlas have messed around with that game?

sorry for the huge rant lol
Huge rant? Where? :o
You're just asking for help, like you should. All good.

And lastly, I would not recommend you to take this conversation into someone's PMs (like suggested above).
You'll a larger variety (and more knowledgeable) responses by keeping the discussion on this thread.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
O opticalillusion1 You can split screen, system link multiple consoles, use LiNK or go online too :tongue:
Just to be more specific, split screen will be most ideal. However, if the mods you change affect the .map file, regular 360 consoles won't be able to load those maps (this is because they won't be using a modded xex). Furthermore, if you use LiNK even with another person that is using same the modded .map files as you on a JTAG/RGH, some mods like AI won't work. Otherwise, you're good to go.

O

opticalillusion1

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for all the replies guys....ok so just a couple more questions

How much is an average prebuilt console option? $150?(incase im not looking for things like a chrome black painted cases, shiny led lights and custom decals, 320 gig harddrives) ? could not getting those on my 360 shave off something like $20-40?

How much is a "send in to JTag it " option?

How much extra would it cost me to have the XboX's Nand already flashed, and have xbox 360 neighborhood installed there?(is that even possible or do I have to have my own IP?), crc checksremoved from the halo 3 default.xex ? Like so basically all I have to do is use assembly and mod halo right away?

Top Bottom
Login
Register