What's new

Support Getting a 2DS XL (Wanting to mod it)

• Thread starter ChrisIsHD
  • Start date
  • Views 1,322
ChrisIsHD

ChrisIsHD

Reaction score
Sin$
OK so im thinking of getting a DS and mod it is there anything i should look out for in regards to keeping the console unbanned, So i can still play online ect

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
OK so im thinking of getting a DS and mod it is there anything i should look out for in regards to keeping the console unbanned, So i can still play online ect
The only things to do is turn off any kind of setting that would send base information to Nintendo. Like showing your friends what application you are playing, and turning off Street pass sharing.

D

Deleted member 726818

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.
Reaction score
Sin$
Just disable "Show friends what you're playing" and "Sharing of System Information via SpotPass". You should be good from there.

Even if you do get banned, it's ridiculously easy to unban.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's recommended to turn off SpotPass but not showing your friends what you're playing isn't necessary.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just disable "Show friends what you're playing" and "Sharing of System Information via SpotPass". You should be good from there.

Even if you do get banned, it's ridiculously easy to unban.
It might be easy but you still need a second 3ds console unless you find a donor local friend code seed...which tend to get banned pretty fast as you're not the only one using them

These are the equivalent of a KV on an Xbox 360.

Plus if you replace the friend code seed you will be unable to factory reset your system in the future to remove CFW as the 3ds will be unable to boot into OFW ever again unless you replace the friend code with the original.

So by that point you might as well justod and use the second 3ds as your new primary if you want to go online

Top Bottom
Login
Register