Support Getting a 2DS XL (Wanting to mod it)

Discussion in 'Nintendo 3DS' started by ChrisIsHD, May 3, 2018 with 5 replies and 848 views.

1. ChrisIsHD

ChrisIsHD Newbie

Ratings:
    OK so im thinking of getting a DS and mod it is there anything i should look out for in regards to keeping the console unbanned, So i can still play online ect

2. Cynder

Cynder Local Weird Guy Premium

Ratings:
    The only things to do is turn off any kind of setting that would send base information to Nintendo. Like showing your friends what application you are playing, and turning off Street pass sharing.

3. iamanaccount

iamanaccount Newbie

Ratings:
    you don't need to turn off StreetPass

4. Cobalt Blaze

Cobalt Blaze I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Ratings:
    Just disable "Show friends what you're playing" and "Sharing of System Information via SpotPass". You should be good from there.

Even if you do get banned, it's ridiculously easy to unban.

5. Zelk

Zelk Hiding Both Face And Mind Retired

Ratings:
    It's recommended to turn off SpotPass but not showing your friends what you're playing isn't necessary.

6. Red

Red Newbie VIP Retired

Ratings:
    It might be easy but you still need a second 3ds console unless you find a donor local friend code seed...which tend to get banned pretty fast as you're not the only one using them

These are the equivalent of a KV on an Xbox 360.

Plus if you replace the friend code seed you will be unable to factory reset your system in the future to remove CFW as the 3ds will be unable to boot into OFW ever again unless you replace the friend code with the original.

So by that point you might as well justod and use the second 3ds as your new primary if you want to go online

• Informative Informative x 2