Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

?? Get Veteran Achievement on Recruit ??

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by perfect-squatted, Dec 18, 2008 with 31 replies and 13,956 views.

1. perfect-squatted

perfect-squatted Enthusiast

Ratings:
    First thing: No I do not know how to do this and this is not a tutorial.

Now to my point: I am almost finished with the game on Veteran and have been stuck at one checkpoint in Blowtorch & Corkscrew (not looking forward to the next ones). I would play for around 20 minutes, advancing, killing the guys, everything and would never get a checkpoint - so I just forgot about it for a few days. Well before picking it back up I was playing with a friend on competitive coop for the achievements - mortar-dom, death cards, saving private ryan, etc. We were basically boosting those for him because we were playing on Recruit.

Well I went back after almost going through the entire game on coop with him and resumed my checkpoint. I had not played this level, watched any videos on how to beat it, or even played veteran in like a week yet somehow I breezed through the level like it was on Recruit. I barely got shot, never died, and beat it in like 10 minutes (remember before I couldn't get checkpoints even after 20 minutes).

So I'm suggesting that there is a way to get to a checkpoint on levels that you started in veteran, do something with coop and recruit, then come back to your checkpoint via 'Resume Game' and basically the difficulty gets reset to Recruit but still counts as Veteran.

This could be entirely circumstantial but you should have seen me after resuming that checkpoint - I swear it was not veteran - no way.

Has anyone had similar experiences or interested in trying this out?

2. Gerlo

Gerlo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think I know what you mean, are you trying to do something that is similar to the Gears of War 2 Coop trick?

3. Anonymous Joey

Anonymous Joey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think what he is saying, I'll sum it up to my best ability, is that he played on Veteran, then could not beat it, went and played the same mission on recruit with online co-op ; except on recruit, then went back and played from that checkpoint on Veteran but somehow loaded the Recruit difficulty.

I can personally say I've never had this happen, ever. But sounds pretty cool I'll try to figure out what happened...

4. OP
    perfect-squatted

Ratings:
    Yeah sorry for the long post, I figured it might be confusing.

I was playing Blowtorch & Corkscrew on Veteran - got about 3/4 of the way through it and decided to quit the whole veteran thing for a while - Save & Quit.

The only time I went back to campaign was with a friend via Private Match and we played on Recruit - never did Blowtorch & Corkscrew though. Just the ones with Solo & Coop achievements. Beat the entire levels though, never quit out of them - I think that is a key.

Decided to take another stab at veteran - loaded up my checkpoint and ABRA CADABRA the enemy AI played like it was on Recruit. I literally could run through the level like Rambo and I ended up getting the achievement and looking back at the select mission menu, it says I beat it on Veteran. I thought this was too good to be true, so I played through the next one without quitting out and it was definitely on the same difficulty, but I got no achievement for it. Probably because I did not do the same process.

I've read about this on some other websites. My story is exactly the same as others and their outcome was the same - counted for the achievement and on the mission select menu. I think this might be something exploitable. Here's the summary of what I did. Again, sorry about the long posts.

1. Start mission on Veteran
    2. Get to a checkpoint and Save & Quit
    3. Play a Private Match (split screen may or may not work) Co-Op on Recruit and beat the whole level (doesn't have to be the same one as you are on veteran)
    4. Go back to Solo and click Resume Game
    5. Viola! The enemy's should play like they are on Recruit but they will still do Veteran-style damage, so don't run and gun like Rambo unless they are somehow really dumb.

I'm going to try this today and see if I can recreate it.

5. Alex

Alex chazbae Retired

Ratings:
    dude if this works your a LEGEND and EPIC LEGEND!!!:thumbup:

6. + Drake +

+ Drake + Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah u are.
    Let us know if it happens again.
    Im gonna try it in a little while

7. OP
    perfect-squatted

Ratings:
    Okay, I got this to work again!!!

This time I was doing Breaking Point. I managed to get through the first tunnel and up until where you have to advance towards what is the MP map castle. Saved and Quit.

I pulled up Co-Op with a second controller and played through that one on Recruit (I played breaking point so I could refamiliarize myself with the level). Beat it, it started HoTR, and I quit. Turned off second controller, went back to resume game and what do you know!

Here's the catch: The enemies play like on a recruit / regular level, but your health level is still on Veteran, so you cannot take 4 grenades, 89 stabs, 14 bullets, etc like you can on Recruit. But it definitely makes the job alot easier. Right now I'm working on Heart of the Reich. I am actually managing to skip through a bunch of the level by being able to run my butt off to cover and let my guys advance to me. Kinda stupid, but I don't give a hoot - this veteran is too hard.

I have definitely gotten it to work again and now that is 2 levels - Blowtorch & Corkscrew and Breaking Point. Both gave me the achievements and both count as veteran under Mission Select.

Please post your similar situations as they come!!!

8. classy blackman

classy blackman Getting There

Ratings:
    wow nice glitch your my hero free gamerpoints here i come

9. OP
    perfect-squatted

Ratings:
    I cannot get this to work on Heart of the Reich. I don't know what makes the difference but this one is still impossible. There is no way that I can have so much trouble with this one on Veteran and be able to FLY through 2 other missions and get Veteran achievements. There is definitely some sort of glitch to get this to work, but my process may have a flaw in it.

I'm going to work on it today because I only have these 2 missions to do now.

10. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
  11. Hovi

Hovi Aaron is forever my ***** Retired

Ratings:
    wow currupt chill! do you really have to jump on him like that. He has a glitch, its related to a glitch, he can post it here. Simmer down!

12. OP
    perfect-squatted

Ratings:
    Just an update: I tried this a number of different times on Heart of the Reich but it never really got any easier as it did for Blowtorch & Corkscrew. It took a while to beat it, but I did. Now I have only Downfall left to do and I'm going to try a number of approaches and see if I can get any substantial results.

I'll post an update after I get this one beat.

Also on a side note -- I figured I would get someone to say the exact opposite of what Corrupt said if I had posted this in the Discussion sub-forum. I have been a long time reader of se7ensins but not really ever posted. Forums are not really my thing. I have noticed that the discussion section is mainly geared towards boosting and rarely a thing or two pertaining to glitches. I've also seen people, for example, "Who wants to know a faster way under Castle" post crap that appears like a glitch but indeed is really a question. That is why I put the question marks in the topic title.

If this indeed is the incorrect subforum, I ask the moderators to kindly move the thread to the correct one.

13. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    I am only making him aware of the rules. Also, please make an attempt to spell my name the right way next time.

Oh, the "Who wants to know a faster way under Castle" crap. Yes I remember that I DID put a question mark in the title, and I asked for it to be moved because I realized that I posted in the wrong section. I posted that to see how many people were interested, instead of wasting my time. If you are going to flame me, at least get your facts straight. Thanks :smile:.

14. Doofusmad21

Doofusmad21 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    seems like a pretty good thing..i have only done the 1st and 2nd levels on veteran (2nd with ray gun :tongue:)

will give it a go and post back any results :biggrin:

15. Hovi

Hovi Aaron is forever my ***** Retired

Ratings:
    shhshshuttt your mouth.....*currupt* :wink:

and i tried it. it seemed to work fine for me, i did notice a difference. thanks

16. War Child 14

War Child 14 Newbie

Ratings:
    how did u get the ray gun on campaign?! please tell.

also i would like to add that i hav had my suspicions about this and i am glad someone has confirmed it.

:thumbup:

17. OP
    perfect-squatted

Ratings:
    You can find the ray gun both through google and this forum's search feature. Here is a direct link however, http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/call-duty-5-glitches/114875-ray-gun-campaign-video.html

Also, I managed to finish out the game a number of hours ago. My results were not similar for Downfall (the last level). I did NOT however do the coop match via Xbox Live. I have a complicated internet set up here at my house (home for the holidays) and did not get motivated to set up the xbox on the internet. Downfall did not work for me like I said, but I definitely noticed a difference in the other levels, especially Blowtorch & Corkscrew -- that was when I did the xbox live coop matches.

Here's how I got it to work that time (as best as I recall) - this will DEFINITELY work for you on Blowtorch & Corkscrew (it may be level dependent somehow).

1. Start Blowtorch & Corkscrew on Veteran
    2. Get to a checkpoint (actually earn one) and then Save & Quit
    (2.5) I powered off here, played some MP, played other games etc, so it doesn't have to be done in one sitting.
    3. Play with a friend in a Xbox Live Private Coop Match on Recruit
    -- We played the following ALL the way through
    -- Little Resistance, Burn 'Em Out, Breaking Point, Ring of Steel
    4. Go back to the Solo menu and click Resume Game
    5. You should be playing the game as if you were on Veteran but the AI will definitely be stupider than normal
    6. Beat the level without any frustrating grenade spawns, etc and get the achievement.

Once again, I did this exact process and got it to work on Blowtorch & Corkscrew - and my checkpoint that I stopped at was the one where you move up with the tanks to the very large bunker. I have also not been able to replicate this to that extent, but have not done the coop matches via xbox live (which I think makes the difference).

18. karlonthemount

karlonthemount Newbie

Ratings:
    I had this happen to me today and was shocked to come across this post.
    I couldnt figure why the AI was just standing there looking at me when it was on vet.
    I will explain how i achieved the same results but in a completly different way.

Ok It was blowtorch and corkscrew.
    I started the level playing on veteran.
    I made it past 3 checkpoints (just after the first mortar bunker).
    The missus decided that she had to clean the tv and xbox, so i went to the kitchen for a ciggy)
    She then shouts in asking if i had saved my game because she pressed the eject button resetting the game .
    I come from the kitchen and bury an axe in her head. jk.:S
    So I reload the game back up and select resume game, It starts me from the start of the level but i pretty much ran through the whole level thinking this cant be on vet. Finish level and up pops 30 achievment. woohoo.

Hope this helps ya all somehow

19. stinkyx dead x2

stinkyx dead x2 Newbie

Ratings:
  20. karlonthemount

karlonthemount Newbie

Ratings:
    Just to confirm! I have tried the co-op way and that works as well.

:biggrin: