GEARS OF WAR 2 UPDATE. NO MORE STANDBY?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by PaV, Feb 20, 2009 with 18 replies and 1,418 views.

1. PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The team at Epic announced that in a few weeks, they will bring out the third patch fixing a lot out things, and including standby-ers as i quote, "I did mean that person won't get to play. However, I did write some special standby punishment code for the people that do it post TU3. They will be sad." Will there be anyway to overcome this?

2. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I hope not. maybe i'll be able to enjoy the game again.

3. TheIncredibleZ

TheIncredibleZ Getting There

Ratings:
    I hope they stop stanbying. I can't take it, you have no chance to win what so ever.

4. knockem

knockem Contributor

Ratings:
    Comeon this is a cheating site lol... Yea If they do they do if they dont owell

5. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    If they do something someone will find a way around it.

6. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Its not a cheating website anymore...

7. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    It's basically more like a chatbox now.

8. OP
    PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i dont think they are stopping people doing it, they are just punishing them and i dont know how yet

9. TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    The only way to punish someone who does standby is to automatically lag them out when they standby, or ban them. I really don't see any other way how they are going to go about this problem.

10. OP
    PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ye, but, i guess the only glitch u would be able to get away with by doing standby is making the other team spawn without weapons, as it is a common glitch so you couldnt be blamed

11. Pancake Sprawl

Pancake Sprawl Newbie

Ratings:
    actually i've already figured it out by doing my own testing. they just don't count the match that you stand by in, you can still get host with standby and still have it count for you, but if you standby during the game no matter if you win or how many kills it won't count on your record, trust me, i've tried it out already.

12. OP
    PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How did you try it out? and does that mean we can only make ourselves host and not do any other standby? What about forcing other team to have no weapons? because thats before the game starts, not during

13. TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    I guess they can do that, but it's kind of a waste of time.

14. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    24hr suspension from there public servers repeat offenders get life time ban from there server works the same for forza2 aswell inwhich ive been banned for over 2 years nearly.
    its also got this in there xbl rules some where

15. Pancake Sprawl

Pancake Sprawl Newbie

Ratings:
    because i played about 4 wingman matches, all of which i flicked my lag switch on during the match while i was hosting and none of the stats counted. i checked after the match me and my wingman both had the same stats in all 4 matches that i flicked the switch on. then we played 3 matches without flicking the switch during the match and the stats added to our records.

you see, i don't know about the part about forcing the team to have no weapons because i've just started doing this standby for host thing. BUT all i know is that you can't standby during the game.

16. OP
    PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how can that be possible when they havent even put the patch in yet

17. xJaypex

xJaypex Newbie

Ratings:

hah true taht,,

but what im wondering when they say fixing standying..

what if the only thing you do is force host????

18. Pancake Sprawl

Pancake Sprawl Newbie

Ratings:
    that's exactly what me and my friend were saying, but try it out for yourself.

19. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I'm tired of seeing the same thread posted over and over again...

Closed.