Gears of War 2 - Understand Your rank!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by IzzY, Nov 18, 2008 with 20 replies and 1,691 views.

1. IzzY

IzzY Getting There

Ratings:
    Code:
    http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/CMBlog.aspx?id=1146&blogid=47896

• Like Like x 1
  2. olaHalo

olaHalo Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks
    wish they had more than 5 though

3. OP
    IzzY

IzzY Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah, I think we all do.

4. Faevius

Faevius Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Nice, I might beable to finally get my rank 5. So just to clarify, its just based on wins / losses?

5. OP
    IzzY

IzzY Getting There

Ratings:
  6. Faevius

Faevius Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Cool so any idea on what the Win / loss has to be for rank 5? I have a ratio of 2.07 or something like that with rank 4.

7. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    It isn't just on ratio, someone with a 3.0 ratio can be a level 4 who only won games he was expected to win which someone with a 1.5 can win games he was expected not to win. It is like a point system, think of it like that. If you win a game where you are expected to win you get 1 point, if you win a game you are expected to lose you get 2. Points 1-5 are a rank 1, 5 - 15 are a rank 2, and etc...This is just an example and in no way true compared to the point to rank ratio.

8. OP
    IzzY

IzzY Getting There

Ratings:
    Win more = More ranks.

9. diver808

diver808 Newbie

Ratings:
  10. OP
    IzzY

IzzY Getting There

Ratings:
  11. Raven

Raven Undercover Brother

Ratings:
    Well, it's like .. if you're a rank one and you beat a team of rank fives, you get a lot more points than beating someone your rank.

I think they will release more ranks when everyone reaches the last few.

12. halo2909

halo2909 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol so not true. me and my 4 friends played on saturday. I'm rank 4. we won 27 games in a row and i never ranked up. my friends did there all lvl 3 ans 4's now but i wont lvl up.

13. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Because it takes more wins to go from a 4 to a 5 then from a 2 to a 3, or a 3 to a 4. If you read it says it may take "hundreds" of matches to achieve the highest rank and that is assuming all "hundreds" you were expected to lose, if you were expected to win some then it will take a lot more. If you lost that will also affect it.

14. mullenman1

mullenman1 Newbie

Ratings:
    I am guessing that it will take a long time to get to rank 5, since it is the highest and there is only 5 ranks...

15. Ach1lles

Ach1lles Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i havent seen a 5 yet, ive seen plenty of 4's though

16. o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can get to rank 5 in 5 matches. I know a few people who have done it. You just have to go up against all rank 5s I guess.

And how does the game adjust if people quit? Like if you get in and people lag out before the game starts, does that mean you get even less points, and what if the entire other team leaves.

17. fodelement

fodelement Newbie

Ratings:
    My Friend is about 600 something in wingman and is still rank 4.

18. Ritchie08

Ritchie08 Newbie

Ratings:
    The rank 5 badge looks nice !

19. RagingMonkey74

RagingMonkey74 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :cursing:ive played a million games and have won alot and am better than my friends Yet i am still rank 2 AND IT WONT GO UP ive been 2 for like a month or more...

20. gr33zy

gr33zy Newbie

Ratings:
    I have won 40 games in a row, not only in elimination but wingman also. I have been averaging a 4.0 k/d ratio throughout all 40 games but still at rank 3... can anyone tell me why I havent ranked up yet??:?