What's new

Discussion GC2F and Car duplication going forward

D

DragonSlayer6969

Reaction score
One thing that's been bugging me is the transfer that's going to happen from PS4 to PS5. A lot of the cars I have are duplicated and I have about 14 dupe Elergy's I don't want to sell because of the massive ban waves that happened last month. I know there's always a character reset threat with all of this but what are the chances that I'll get reset when I go from PS4 to PS5? I've seen people with glitched RP and KD's from PS3 so I have some hope that glitched characters won't be reset but I want to get some opinions

N

Navy Davey

☠️Rebel Without a Pause☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
One thing that's been bugging me is the transfer that's going to happen from PS4 to PS5. A lot of the cars I have are duplicated and I have about 14 dupe Elergy's I don't want to sell because of the massive ban waves that happened last month. I know there's always a character reset threat with all of this but what are the chances that I'll get reset when I go from PS4 to PS5? I've seen people with glitched RP and KD's from PS3 so I have some hope that glitched characters won't be reset but I want to get some opinions
There more than likely will not be resets when transferring accounts.
14 dupes in all honesty is nothing in comparison to what I and others have in our garages.
I have several accounts with 200+ (Minimum) deluxos bought with BEFF.
As long as you follow the safe selling practices by selling no more than one car per hour and no more than 7 cars in a 30 hour timeframe you will be fine.
There is nothing to worry about.
Rockstar wants people to buy into the PS5 version of this game if you get reset there will be no incentive to buy a new console and another copy of the game.
As far as I know GTA V won’t even be released on next gen consoles until well into 2021.
There is more than enough time to figure it out.

S

schitzotm

Contributor
Reaction score
There more than likely will not be resets when transferring accounts.
14 dupes in all honesty is nothing in comparison to what I and others have in our garages.
I have several accounts with 200+ (Minimum) deluxos bought with BEFF.
As long as you follow the safe selling practices by selling no more than one car per hour and no more than 7 cars in a 30 hour timeframe you will be fine.
There is nothing to worry about.
Rockstar wants people to buy into the PS5 version of this game if you get reset there will be no incentive to buy a new console and another copy of the game.
As far as I know GTA V won’t even be released on next gen consoles until well into 2021.
There is more than enough time to figure it out.
This^
It’s amazing that new players to gta think this is the first reset. Major resets have happened in 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019, (2019 was more of a money reset year) And the current 2020.
Resets and bans happened late 2015 into 2016 on returning players with modded accounts, but those were widely missed and mainly were on a report basis.
This stuff comes around when the masses partake in huge money exploits.
There really is not much in lone of telling whether or not a car is a duplicate. (Other then when selling it the car is whatever you used plus the mods. The car is still registered as the car you are looking at. I mean if a system was built to value every players cars in their garages and kinda soft sell them then maybe this could happen...)
I just don’t see this happening since the ability to see the sales and reset accounts has always been able to be done. And players in dupe detect are easy targets. Yet it’s still completely allowed should be an indication that punishment for past things like that have already been adequately handled and no further punishment is needed for them. My concern is for those beginning now.
I don’t think much will be done as far as full resets but I do figure some form of punishment may come down at some point. End of the day the game is grand theft auto.“Stealing” cars kinda comes with the game.

D

DragonSlayer6969

Reaction score
This^
It’s amazing that new players to gta think this is the first reset. Major resets have happened in 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019, (2019 was more of a money reset year) And the current 2020.
Resets and bans happened late 2015 into 2016 on returning players with modded accounts, but those were widely missed and mainly were on a report basis.
This stuff comes around when the masses partake in huge money exploits.
There really is not much in lone of telling whether or not a car is a duplicate. (Other then when selling it the car is whatever you used plus the mods. The car is still registered as the car you are looking at. I mean if a system was built to value every players cars in their garages and kinda soft sell them then maybe this could happen...)
I just don’t see this happening since the ability to see the sales and reset accounts has always been able to be done. And players in dupe detect are easy targets. Yet it’s still completely allowed should be an indication that punishment for past things like that have already been adequately handled and no further punishment is needed for them. My concern is for those beginning now.
I don’t think much will be done as far as full resets but I do figure some form of punishment may come down at some point. End of the day the game is grand theft auto.“Stealing” cars kinda comes with the game.
I'd say I'm fairly new to these new ways of duping cars lol I only started back in 2017 and did it for a month before getting back into it this summer. I still remember back in 2013 when you could keep selling the same car at L.S Customs. I was even part of the massive money wipe in 2014ish. But those simple times have passed. Now glitching money is a lot more complicated and risky. And I'm sitting on a pile of clean dupes I'm too afraid to sell lmao.
Post automatically merged:

But I'll follow Navy's advice and slowly sell them off to have a good chunk of change for whatever cash grabbing update they'll be giving us this winter. I'm hoping for a MK2 Annihilator or at the very least new hairstyles and clothing.

S

schitzotm

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say I'm fairly new to these new ways of duping cars lol I only started back in 2017 and did it for a month before getting back into it this summer. I still remember back in 2013 when you could keep selling the same car at L.S Customs. I was even part of the massive money wipe in 2014ish. But those simple times have passed. Now glitching money is a lot more complicated and risky. And I'm sitting on a pile of clean dupes I'm too afraid to sell lmao.
Post automatically merged:

But I'll follow Navy's advice and slowly sell them off to have a good chunk of change for whatever cash grabbing update they'll be giving us this winter. I'm hoping for a MK2 Annihilator or at the very least new hairstyles and clothing.
Just remember to actually play the game and earn rank and money from other things and you will be just fine.

D

DragonSlayer6969

Reaction score
Just remember to actually play the game and earn rank and money from other things and you will be just fine.
That's pretty much all I do now lol. I do VIP work and whatever adversary mode is on double rp/ money

Top Bottom