Status
Not open for further replies.
Evor

Evor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure where to post.

So I live in rural area and my internet providers say I can only get standard internet a maximum of '3.5Mbps' which I ended up getting because I needed internet. So I've been playing Fortnite and getting around 40ms to 120ms 'SOMETIMES ABIT OF INTERNET STUTTER' in the game which is playable whilst, downloading updates it takes forever obviously due to slow internet, well my internet providers says I can get a maximum of 3.5Mbps and whilst downloading stuff I randomly get 4/5/8/12Mbps once I even got 47Mbps why can't they give me more if its capable of it. They say there are no BT fibre lines near you so fibre can't be an option. It's pissing me off I cant watch Youtube videos in 720/1080p I can in 480/360p.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing you can do. The reason why you sometime get spikes is because of traffic on the line you're using. You see, you're not the only user on their line, they let people like you"rent" access to their lines and they don't actually bottleneck your speeds, the only reason why you get 3.5mbps is because most of the time, your line is saturated.

Just move lol

Evor

Evor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing you can do. The reason why you sometime get spikes is because of traffic on the line you're using. You see, you're not the only user on their line, they let people like you"rent" access to their lines and they don't actually bottleneck your speeds, the only reason why you get 3.5mbps is because most of the time, your line is saturated.

Just move lol
I need to tbh, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register