Solved Gaming PC

• Thread starter iZ WiCK3D x
  • Start date
  • Views 243
I

iZ WiCK3D x

Scotland the brave.
Reaction score
So ive never had a gaming pc before and my laptop struggles to play games like Day Z even on low settings. I would love to play all the latest games on ultra settings.. I would like someone to build a gaming pc for me and post the link, i stay in the uk so please use a UK based website. Things i would like added. SSD for operating system, at least 16gb ram, a graphics card that can handle 4K gaming, my budget is £1000 anything lower would be great! I want to be able to play all my games on ULTRA without any issues.

Last edited:
S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
£100? I'm assuming that's a mistake? Could you specify your budget? Do you need a 4k monitor within budget as well? Do you need anything else, like keyboard/mouse/headset? Can you get your OS for free, or do you need that included in your budget? Why do you want 16GB RAM? It's pointless if you aren't going to benefit from it.

I

iZ WiCK3D x

Scotland the brave.
Reaction score
I ment £1000. I have a mouse, need a keyboard and mouse mat.. I can get the OS myself.. I thought 16gb was needed for high end gaming i would also like to do abit of graphic work.. it would be good to get a monitor in this budget too..

S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
You won't get a 4k capable rig and a 4k monitor within budget, just not possible. Especially if you need a keyboard within budget as well. 8GB RAM is still plenty. 16GB is better, but 8GB is fine and it's better to spend more money on a better CPU/GPU, rather than more RAM. RAM is the easiest thing to add anyway, and most cost effective.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8x3BwP
It's a little over budget but included a nice mech keyboard and a nice 1440p monitor. The 380 will play 1440p alright, but you'd be far better just spending the extra £100 or so for an R9 390. The 850W unit gives you room for XFire 390s as well, so if you did go with a 390, you could easily add a 2nd in the future. If you go with the 380 though, you can still add a 2nd 380 in the future for better performance. You'll want to buy a nice cooler for the 6500 as well, stock cooler will be fine for now though. If you can't grab a cooler now, use stock for a while, and save for a nice cooler, then you can OC the 6500 once you've upgraded the cooler.

I

iZ WiCK3D x

Scotland the brave.
Reaction score
I like it if i put the ram to 8gb and maybe a cheaper keyboard for now and upgraded to the r9 390 that would be spot on. Ram and keyboard can be upgraded at a later date..

I

iZ WiCK3D x

Scotland the brave.
Reaction score
Each month im going to buy 2, 3 parts and build it up so cost isnt really an issue its just i would rather get it built quicker the dearer it is the longer it would take for me to save up.

S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Just save up. If you buy parts a few at a time, you might run in to problems and end up with a weird, mismatched rig that you've overpaid for. Just save as much as you can, try get about £1500 if you can, but you can start buying stuff when you have like a grand. Trust me, it's much easier in the long run to just wait it out. There's really no benefits to buying products one or two at a time for your rig, unless you pick some stuff up on sale/deals. As for keyboard, Quickfire TK is the cheapest mech keyboard you'll get that's any decent, anything cheaper and your best just spending £10-£20 on some cheap crap to hold you over, although I'd honestly suggest just spending the £70 for the Quickfire TK instead of using a cheap rubber dome PoS for a while, it really does suck in comparison. You can get 16GB RAM if you want. It's cheaper to get 16GB RAM and an i5, than an i7 with 8GB RAM. An i5 will be finer for you anyway, and 16GB isn't much more expensive than 8GB anymore, so you can go with 16GB if you wish. Although, 8GB will still be fine and will save you £20-£30, so just keep that in mind. Some AAA titles do benefit from more RAM, but it's not going to impact performance hugely.

FYI- You could easily get a nice 1080p monitor and 1080p rig within your budget, but 1080p is old skool now, and you were considering 4k so I think 1440p would be better suited for you.

I

iZ WiCK3D x

Scotland the brave.
Reaction score
Thanks alot

Top Bottom