• Thread starter Clay Eickemeyer
  • Start date
  • Views 438
Clay Eickemeyer

Clay Eickemeyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I am trying to modify an oddball variant so that there is an extra label (done), and when you bring an oddball into that label's boundary you get extra ball carry points. This is my first attempt at a trigger, and I know it is way wrong, but this is what I know so far how to do it.
Code:
      <Trigger execMode="OnObjectFilter" name="Trigger50" objectFilter="oddball_scorezone">
        <Elements>
          <E type="Action" DBID="31" name="ActivateTrigger">
            <Param type="ObjectReference" varRefType="ExplicitObjectType" dataType="Iterator.Object" />
            <Param type="EntityFilter" filterType="Any" />
            </E>
          <E type="Action" name="VariableOperation">
            <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="Scratch">ObjectScratch1</Param>
            <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="ObjectFilter">oddball_ball</Param>
            <Param type="OperationType">Set</Param>
          </E>
          <E type="Condition" DBID="2" name="ObjectIsInBoundary" unionGroupID="-2">
            <Param type="ObjectReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="ObjectScratch1" />
            <Param type="ObjectReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="oddball_scorezone" />
            <Param type="OperationType">Equal</Param>
          </E>
          <E type="Action" name="ModifyScore">
            <Param type="TargetVar" targetType="Player" varRefType="ExplicitPlayerType" dataType="Iterator.Player" />
            <Param type="OperationType">Add</Param>
            <Param type="CustomReference" varRefType="UserDefinedOption">Carry Points</Param>
          </E>
            <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="PlayerStatistic" dataType="Iterator.Player">Score Earned</Param>
            <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="UserDefinedOption">Carry Points</Param>
          </E>
        </Elements>
      </Trigger>

What do I need to modify/add? Im using the name oddball_scorezone as the label mentioned above.

N

nopiddy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I am trying to modify an oddball variant so that there is an extra label (done), and when you bring an oddball into that label's boundary you get extra ball carry points. This is my first attempt at a trigger, and I know it is way wrong, but this is what I know so far how to do it.
Code:
      <Trigger execMode="OnObjectFilter" name="Trigger50" objectFilter="oddball_scorezone">
        <Elements>
          <E type="Action" DBID="31" name="ActivateTrigger">
            <Param type="ObjectReference" varRefType="ExplicitObjectType" dataType="Iterator.Object" />
            <Param type="EntityFilter" filterType="Any" />
            </E>
            <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="Scratch">ObjectScratch1</Param>
            <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="ObjectFilter">oddball_ball</Param>
            <Param type="OperationType">Set</Param>
          </E>
          <E type="Condition" DBID="2" name="ObjectIsInBoundary" unionGroupID="-2">
            <Param type="ObjectReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="ObjectScratch1" />
            <Param type="ObjectReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="oddball_scorezone" />
            <Param type="OperationType">Equal</Param>
          </E>
          <E type="Action" name="ModifyScore">
            <Param type="TargetVar" targetType="Player" varRefType="ExplicitPlayerType" dataType="Iterator.Player" />
            <Param type="CustomReference" varRefType="UserDefinedOption">Carry Points</Param>
          </E>
            <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="PlayerStatistic" dataType="Iterator.Player">Score Earned</Param>
            <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="UserDefinedOption">Carry Points</Param>
          </E>
        </Elements>
      </Trigger>

What do I need to modify/add? Im using the name oddball_scorezone as the label mentioned above.
I think you would need to store the oddball_scorezone to either an object scratch or globalobject and then change your objectisinboundary to accommodate for it. I would also change iterator.player in the score trigger to the person holding the ball or else everyone would get the points I do believe

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register