What's new

Discussion Gamestop Sucks.

DR FAILS

DR FAILS

Getting There
Glitcher Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
So about a week ago my MW2 got lazerburn. I go on down to Gamestop to see if they can repair it, they say that If I bought the $3 warranty. I buy the $3 warranty and they give me a new copy of Modern Warfare2, and I think I could use a new controller because my other two barely work. So I buy a used controller for $39 and I get a normal black one..
When I get home I turn on the used controller, and notice that the xbox button doesn't really work/and I have to use the START button to turn on the controller. As I turn the it on the lights around the xbox controller are purple. Right now I'm thinking "Sweet I got a Modded controller, with LED lights!" So I go and put in my new copy of modern warefare and I go to check if the controller is actually modded. When I click start the game freezes and I have to switch controllers (Because the xbox button doesn't work) and I have to go to the dashboard. I try a few more times and the same result, so I go into a ground war game. It gets stuck when trying to start the game. I go to dashboard and try to install the game to my hard drive. Of course a message saying "Cannot read disk please use a clean cloth to clean it." (Its perfectly clean).
Back to the controller. I go on WaW to test if its modded and it is.. but two problems,
1: The xbox button doesn't work.
2: You cannot hit the "Y" buttons to switch weapons.
Now I have to drive to the gamestop (40 minutes away) and get a new disk/controller. What the hell.. Gamestop SUCKS.

Zimee

Zimee

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
You just realized that? They're a monopoly and that's why I bought stock in them.

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I would never buy something used from them. "refurbished?" my butt.lol

DR FAILS

DR FAILS

Getting There
Glitcher Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly didn't think they would give me a half working modded controller.. I mean really.

Zimee

Zimee

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
They are not a monopoly or are you being sarcastic

They're not?? This is news to me because I can't think of one real competitor (don't say EB games because they were pretty much bought out when Gamestop made it big)

xVitalz

TCX xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They're not?? This is news to me because I can't think of one real competitor (don't say EB games because they were pretty much destroyed when Gamestop made it big)

i wasn't going to say eb games because they are practically gone havent seen one in a while

but heres a list - correct me if im' wrong but i thought monopoly means they own everything in a particular industry
  • Blockbuster
  • Mom/Pop stores
  • Etc. Game stores (theres a whole bunch where i live)

Zimee

Zimee

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
i wasn't going to say eb games because they are practically gone havent seen one in a while

but heres a list - correct me if im' wrong but i thought monopoly means they own everything in a particular industry
  • Blockbuster
  • Mom/Pop stores
  • Etc. Game stores (theres a whole bunch where i live)

Blockbuster- Chapter 11

nuff said

The Grim Repper

The Grim Repper

Creator of EOTM
VIP
Retired
MotM Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They're not?? This is news to me because I can't think of one real competitor (don't say EB games because they were pretty much destroyed when Gamestop made it big)
You do know they are the same company now don't you?

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
It could be the controller is dirty. Try cleaning it. As for the Mw2 game return it again and be all pissed off when you get there or just take it out in the back yard and put it out of its trouble :wink:

DR FAILS

DR FAILS

Getting There
Glitcher Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
It could be the controller is dirty. Try cleaning it. As for the Mw2 game return it again and be all pissed off when you get there or just take it out in the back yard and put it out of its trouble :wink:

Ok Ill try that (: I really hope this works.

Top Bottom
Login
Register