Gamesave VS Profile Edit

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by legend101, Aug 6, 2009 with 16 replies and 835 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legend101

legend101 Newbie

Ratings:
    Which is safer to use

2. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Ban wise, I believe gamesave modding is safer. Most of the time, gamesaves only affect the campaign mode of a game. Profile modding has more online content for you to mod. Therefore, gamesaves are the safest to mod in my opinion.

3. I Play Xbox

I Play Xbox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    He's talking about getting achievements, not modding a .svg or his profile. Gamesaves take longer and produce the same results a profile editor would. Profile editr is WAAYY faster, and you can add in time stamps to make it looks legit. I recommend profile editor because it is faster.

4. Sfunx

Sfunx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I would say the gamesaving is safer, but profile editing is way faster. Both arn't 100% full proof, but just all the mechanics behind gamesaving would make it seem safer. And just a note, I'm basing this all off opinion so you don't have to listen to me if you don't want.

5. Jake007g

Jake007g Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Personally i'd use Profile Editing, as it is quicker, and as both are detectable anyway.

6. OP
    legend101

legend101 Newbie

Ratings:
    so if i use gamesave will it place the timestamp on the achievment it unlocked, from the previous owner ?

7. I Play Xbox

I Play Xbox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No, all the achievements are unlocked at the same time with gamesaves.

8. telefonmann

telefonmann Enthusiast

Ratings:
  9. OP
    legend101

legend101 Newbie

Ratings:
    i really don't get why gamesaving is safer then profile edit since profile edit can add timestamps and gamesave don't.:?

10. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Getting There

Ratings:
    *in before Venomous with "gamesaving>PE"* lol

But on a serious note gamesaving is a LOT safer bu profile editor is so quick and easy

11. HungSolo

HungSolo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    After 8/11 you'll have to stick to Gamesaving since you wont be able to use PE any longer.

12. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Gamesaving is alot safer because its actually unlocking the achievements. But both will get you reset anyways.

13. OP
    legend101

legend101 Newbie

Ratings:
    and what are the chances of getting reset

my gamerscore only 5000

14. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Well profile editing does the exact same thing as game saving, just on a larger scale. Game saving also allows you to unlock the achievements while actually logged into xbox live, whereas profile editing unlocks them like they were offline. Also, game saving puts more of a difference in the achievement timestamps to something more believable. Microsoft might be able to tell if lets say 50 achievements were unlocked all within the time span of a few seconds (so to speak); while game saving puts actual time between achievements. If you were to unlock a single achievement using the profile editor as compared to a single achievement from a gamesave, there's no difference at all.

15. OP
    legend101

legend101 Newbie

Ratings:
    you probably gave this best answer. so if i use the game save wiil i unlocked all th achievment in that i already started collecting achievement in .

example if i have 43 out of 50

will it give me 50 out of 50

16. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Depends on the save set. Most save sets should include all achievements (and therefore you will need to find the saves that unlock your specific achievements). There are some that might only unlock 800/1000 for example, so you just need to look.

17. OP
    legend101

legend101 Newbie

Ratings:
    well thank for responding ill guess ill go with gamesaving