Unsolved Games freezing when installing

Frost

Lich King
Retired
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm trying to install games onto my Xbox One S through the game store. I've gotten trials for both EA and the Xbox One Game Pass. As I try to install a game, it freezes and doesn't continue downloading. When I go to cancel the installation, it completely freezes and doesn't allow me to cancel it at all. I've reset my Xbox like ten times tonight with no solution in sight. Someone please help me. I'm getting really frustrated and can't figure out why they are freezing. I've spent the last three hours trying to find a solution, but nothing has worked.

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm trying to install games onto my Xbox One S through the game store. I've gotten trials for both EA and the Xbox One Game Pass. As I try to install a game, it freezes and doesn't continue downloading. When I go to cancel the installation, it completely freezes and doesn't allow me to cancel it at all. I've reset my Xbox like ten times tonight with no solution in sight. Someone please help me. I'm getting really frustrated and can't figure out why they are freezing. I've spent the last three hours trying to find a solution, but nothing has worked.
I've had a very similar problem a few times. You may wanna contact Xbox support for the best solution, but they may just end up wasting your time too, so that's your call.

When I encountered this problem, its ended up that the game was actually still downloading, and that the progress bar on the download just wasn't progressing. I ended up waiting, and that solved my problem.

I also find that sometimes if I'm not on the My Games (or whatever it's called) that my download might stop. Then when I return to the page, the download starts again.

I'd just leave it, and see if it ended up finishing the download. If that doesn't work, I'd reset my Xbox, router, and modem, and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, check the status of XBL, to make sure something isn't down ATM, and finally if that doesn't work, call Microsoft support.

Frost

Lich King
Retired
Reaction score
I've had a very similar problem a few times. You may wanna contact Xbox support for the best solution, but they may just end up wasting your time too, so that's your call.

When I encountered this problem, its ended up that the game was actually still downloading, and that the progress bar on the download just wasn't progressing. I ended up waiting, and that solved my problem.

I also find that sometimes if I'm not on the My Games (or whatever it's called) that my download might stop. Then when I return to the page, the download starts again.

I'd just leave it, and see if it ended up finishing the download. If that doesn't work, I'd reset my Xbox, router, and modem, and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, check the status of XBL, to make sure something isn't down ATM, and finally if that doesn't work, call Microsoft support.
I've tried downloading Battlefield 1 through EA Access I don't know how many times. I start it up, screen go black for about 10 seconds or so, then it just says it crashed. Over and over and over again. Even when it says "ready to start", it still won't work.

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I've tried downloading Battlefield 1 through EA Access I don't know how many times. I start it up, screen go black for about 10 seconds or so, then it just says it crashed. Over and over and over again. Even when it says "ready to start", it still won't work.
I'll try downloading it tonight, and let you know how it goes. If I have the same problem, maybe it's on their end.

Frost

Lich King
Retired
Reaction score
I'll try downloading it tonight, and let you know how it goes. If I have the same problem, maybe it's on their end.
Thanks man. Appreciate it. It's just frustrating when you buy a product and it doesn't work. I love EA Access and their selection of games, but I won't be purchasing it again if it continues like this. Currently downloading Madden NFL 2017 to see if that works.

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Thanks man. Appreciate it. It's just frustrating when you buy a product and it doesn't work. I love EA Access and their selection of games, but I won't be purchasing it again if it continues like this. Currently downloading Madden NFL 2017 to see if that works.
I was actually just playing madden from ea access, and it works.

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite Moderator
Super Moderators
Reaction score
I just got this for Trials Fusion which is currently available with Games With Gold. Not sure if it's because the game is so poor or some issue with the console.

UnwiseBuckle400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its very buggy it happend last time to me i just restarted it and it would fix. also try to clear cache? or just remove your account from xbox and then restart (if wanted) and add u account back and probably should fix it. goodluck

Top Bottom