Gamertag.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by FATAL 213, Jan 7, 2009 with 19 replies and 545 views.

1. FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know it says in the rules to post your GAMERTAG..uhh NO.
    So M$ can come hunting us down?

It would be a better idea to exchange GT in private message or aim..something along those lines..

:d

Just a idea

Since i know alot of people do get worried about the GT

Peace:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Buzman

Buzman Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Uh...Microsoft can't hold you to their terms of agreement on anything else other than an Xbox 360. The terms are set specifically to that setting, nothing more. Anyway, there isn't any concrete evidence that the person posting is actually the person who owns the gamertag :wink:

3. OP
    FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    True true.
    you do have a point..Im pretty sure some user's use valid gt..since they wanna rank up.
    Then again it could be a 50/50 thing where someone may put a gt they dont care about.
    And i dont have that luxury of multiple gt's..
    :wink:

4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    XBL can't ban you because of what they see on the website... They can only ban you for what you actually do while on XBL

5. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    still be very carefull,they can monitor activity whilest on xbl if they catch you doing some thing you shouldnt ie code of conduct your screw3d.ive also said its a bad idea using your gt name or even posting it.
    for the older guys from 360gs before it went private know what im on about they used to get numerous pep's joining even peps from m$ just to get peps a ban.thats why i changed my site name not worth taking the risk

6. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, I understand what you are saying, but if M$ was to ban you for what is said on this site, you can easily refute it, by saying that it may or may not be you... It isn't any real evidence, they have to actually catch you cheating, not just talk about it...

7. PURPL3 H4ZE

Ratings:
    you have a valid point there sir!:tongue:
    but i still wouldnt trust it theres threads over at xbl gow2 even listing glitchers/exlpoiters/hackers names tryin to force a ban from epic for gow2 an i know that it defently works as a friend has already recieved a suspension from gow2 online.got reported to epic for sending a abusive pm that got him 24 hr suspension then recieved another for a week for been reported as using the invisible glitch inwhich he was using because i was host:tongue:

8. OP
    FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can get banned/suspended or whatever you wanna call it.
    M$ will and has done this b4 where people stand by or bridge.
    They will come hunting us down..so it would be prefered that people dont post real GT on the site.:thumbup:Who is with me :smile:
    :biggrin:
    Hmm i see that a post from this thread was removed..very none cool:thumbdown:

• Like Like x 2
  9. h34dxsh0t

h34dxsh0t Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yea it looks like it was mine see what happens when people get a little power

10. Buzman

Buzman Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They CANNOT ban somebody because of something that was seen on the internet. Who would be browsing glitching/bridging websites that could actually do something about it? Bill Gates? There is NO way of knowing that the person posting their gamertag is the owner of it. Also, just because someone points a finger at a cheater and lists a gamertag doesn't mean they'll get banned. The only way I even see this remotely being possible is if there was clear video evidence that the person was cheating. And ever at that, you can edit a name on a video pretty easily... It's not even close to being feasible...

• Like Like x 1
  11. PURPL3 H4ZE

Ratings:
    yes that may be true but what you have to rember is that there is various sites that work to find glitchers out,you dont have to reg to view the forums so where every body posts there tags in threads they can see them,all they have to do from there is join agame your in the film once there dead it happens the low lifers have been doing this for years soooooooooooooo theres no point even saying that people dont get caught hell they were even doing this when the xbox1 was going strong.
    if theres any members from 360gs here that joined when it first started they will know what im on about as at one point the site nearly got closed and players were gettin bans left an right.
    but at the end of the day its up to the community i supose if they post there tags(very silly if they do)

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Excellent answer Purple :thumbup:
    It is very silly to have your GT up..Remember the power of AIM/ymessenger
    or any form of contacting each other to Glitch/standby/bridge etc.

13. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Well, I've posted my GT on forums a whole bunch, since h2 days, like 5 years ago, and i havent been banned for that, and until i have a reason, ill keep posting my GT aCiD x NuBbLe lulz

14. PURPL3 H4ZE

Ratings:
    thats up to you acid me old son :biggrin: no ones saying dont do it just letting others know of risks

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Very true there is always and i do mean always a risk that someone might report any of us. And i also posted my gt back in the halo 2 days but no longer.
    Bad experience.

Its just to inform other like Purple stated.

Peace.:thumbup:

16. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I'm glad that you are willing to help and inform other people

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thats whats this community needs people to help :smile:
    Not bash on each other there is no point on flaming or arguing lol

:thumbup:

Hope you guys have a great weekend!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. PURPL3 H4ZE

Ratings:
    week end over and i must say it was a good one :thumbup: i think its a bout we met up in gow2 for ****'s an giggle's should be a good laugh

19. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, I agree, how about you leave your gamertag here and I'll send you a Friend Request... Lol

20. PURPL3 H4ZE

Ratings: