• Start date
  • Views 513
Status
Not open for further replies.
HailCutie

HailCutie

Reaction score
Sin$
I want a gamertag but it's taken by someone who hasn't been on in years ! Is there a way I can get it or no ?
I kinda feel stupid for asking this question lol.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
Most likely not, sorry.
Unless Microsoft decides to refresh all of the gamertags that haven been used in 10+ years

Colibra 7s

Colibra 7s

"The Good Life"
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If there's a way it will cost you alot of money to do. Basically no unless Microsoft resets the unused ones, however I think they can't as it's against the law.

Marvelous

Marvelous

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Grammar Nazi Stickied Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
If there's a way it will cost you alot of money to do. Basically no unless Microsoft resets the unused ones, however I think they can't as it's against the law.
It is against the law? WTF? When did they pass that? LOL.
OT: If the gamertag has this gamerpic
Then it is a V1 gamertag and cant be taken until it gets reset.

Colibra 7s

Colibra 7s

"The Good Life"
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It is against the law? WTF? When did they pass that? LOL.
OT: If the gamertag has this gamerpic
Then it is a V1 gamertag and cant be taken until it gets reset.
Sorry that's just facts speaking if the account has association with anything purchased it cannot be reset if Microsoft went ahead and reset them they would face legal action. Why do you think they haven't rest them already? It's certainly not because they cannot be bothered to, there are certain procedures restricting MS.

Marvelous

Marvelous

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Grammar Nazi Stickied Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry that's just facts speaking if the account has association with anything purchased it cannot be reset if Microsoft went ahead and reset them they would face legal action. Why do you think they haven't rest them already? It's certainly not because they cannot be bothered to, there are certain procedures restricting MS.
Then please explain to me how they are all locked? Nobody can sign on a v1 because they have no email tied to them. Also they are resetting them. All of the 7+ letter v1 gamertag have been reset in 2011. But go on looking like a complete idiot.

Colibra 7s

Colibra 7s

"The Good Life"
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Then please explain to me how they are all locked? Nobody can sign on a v1 because they have no email tied to them. Also they are resetting them. All of the 7+ letter v1 gamertag have been reset in 2011. But go on looking like a complete idiot.
I'm not looking like an idiot at all, simply saying facts if you own a original Gamertag they can't just reset it and let someone take it.
There was a glitch in the system which caused this mess until they figure Something out there's no way.

DrProf

DrProf

Reaction score
Sin$
Unless it has changed... when I tried to delete an old account a few years back I was notified that ALL old accounts are deleted automatically when they show no activity for a full year - As in not signing in, not editing any settings or information etc. It might be worth simply trying the account name. If you don't pick a new name you don't pay for the name change.

And Colibra, Yes they can. Its in the contract we all agree to when we create an online account. We agree that M$ has the right to ban, cancel, or delete our accounts for any reason at any time without notification. I know most people don't actually read those contracts but I always try to at least get an idea of what is in them before I agree. I like to know what actions are available to me if/when something goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register