Gamertag Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by IAmTheMessenger, Feb 1, 2009 with 4 replies and 250 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheMessenger

IAmTheMessenger Newbie

Ratings:
    I'm thinking about getting another hard drive, and I want to migrate my gamertag over to the new one for good.

Lets say you buy a new hard drive, but you don't really care to transfer any of your gamesaves or anything, but you do want to keep all of your material from the XBL marketplace. Do you transfer them directly from your hard drive, or since you purchased the stuff from the marketplace, will it let you re-download it from the marketplace??

I've seen where it says "Download Again" after you've purchased it. I was just wondering if microsoft has like a unique ID for your Hard Drive that only makes it possible to re-download things you've purchased from that hard drive?

Or Is everything just attached to your gamertag?

2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    XBL content is not tied to your HDD, it's tied to your console. Because of that you can transfer it and use it on any hard drive you wish as long as that hard drive is on the console you bought all of the things on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    You can do a content transfer online if you switch consoles/Hardrives

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, I did the license transfer once I bought a new xbox 360 hard drive (the 20 to the 120 GB) You just have to sign onto xbox.com and log in and transfer the licenses.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    IAmTheMessenger

IAmTheMessenger Newbie

Ratings:
    Alright. That sounds great. Because I might sell my hard drive to contribute to the funds for the bigger one, so I don't have to worry about losing all of my content. Thanks so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.