Unsolved Game video juddering (RGH)

• Thread starter jswilko
  • Start date
  • Views 122
J

jswilko

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just bought an Xbox 360 slim RGH with a 1tb H/D.
It works with regards allowing games installed on the HD to play.
The problem I'm having is a lot of the game videos judder whilst playing, is this normal?
John

R

Risking Perfect

Xbox 360 Tech Support
Staff
Premium
Reaction score
What type of judder (IE. lagging, frame rate issues)?

J

jswilko

Reaction score
Just freezes for a second, sound and video, then restarts, some games a worse than others

R

Risking Perfect

Xbox 360 Tech Support
Staff
Premium
Reaction score
If you are ripping games make sure that the disks are in good condition. Also, if you have a spare HDD, try installing a game on it and see if it still does it.

Crashes and restarts are common things on games when using mods. If it does it frequently, try out different menus/mods.

J

jswilko

Reaction score
If you are ripping games make sure that the disks are in good condition. Also, if you have a spare HDD, try installing a game on it and see if it still does it.

Crashes and restarts are common things on games when using mods. If it does it frequently, try out different menus/mods.
Do you mean a usb external hard drive?

If you mean changing the internal hard drive how do I do that?

Thanks

X

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Do you mean a usb external hard drive?

If you mean changing the internal hard drive how do I do that?

Thanks
Yes. Try an external Hard Drive or a USB that you can fit at least a game on (4GB + should do it for one). If you're still experiencing crashing, clear your cache in the storage settings.
If it goes away, it's time to replace our internal HDD. If it's an official one, you can try to open the drive but it'll warp the casing. You can purchase enclosures on Amazon and eBay that you slide a 2.5" HDD into, it's as easy as formatting it in the storage options on the 360 and off you go (for RGH at least :smile: )

J

jswilko

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

So on a RGH what's actually stored on the internal hard drive is it just a games and saves? where is the operating system?

Thanks

X

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

So on a RGH what's actually stored on the internal hard drive is it just a games and saves? where is the operating system?

Thanks
On a RGH, it's not just games and saves, it's your Dashlaunch, XEX Menu and custom dashboard (Like Freestyle Dash, or Aurora), you can copy these over once the new drive is installed by running XEX Menu off a USB (You'll need the GOD Version and a Xbox formatted USB) and plugging the old drive into a SATA usb adapter.
(On that note, make sure you disconnect ethernet/wifi before you boot the RGH without Dashlaunch running or the console may attempt to connect to xbox live and get you banned)

Top Bottom