Discussion Game saves and achievements between modded and unmodded xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfTT123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have a 360 with a BenQ drive flashed to 1.61 and a new retail Jasper Arcade console with no modification, whatsoever. The BenQ has not yet been banned because I'm no longer going on LIVE with it (at least for now).

I'm wondering if it's safe to play backup games and have all saved games/achievements on the same account I log into XBL with. Will it be okay to switch the same harddrive back and forth between the unmodded xbox when I want to play retail games on live and back to the modded box to play single player backups? Will all of the game saves and achievements transfer over fine?

Also, if there any way the harddrive will put my unmodified xbox in danger of being banned or having the account banned on XBL? I have no plans on flashing my current Jasper system and playing anything other than retail games on it. Basically, I'm interested to know if there are any repercussions in doing this.

Thanks in advance.

DrewCardosi

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7zd2ZfLd_M]YouTube - Xbox Live Support Leaking Console Banning Information!!!! - Part 1[/ame]

I dont know if it is true or not i just saw the link on another forum

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
asdfTT123 said:
I currently have a 360 with a BenQ drive flashed to 1.61 and a new retail Jasper Arcade console with no modification, whatsoever. The BenQ has not yet been banned because I'm no longer going on LIVE with it (at least for now).

I'm wondering if it's safe to play backup games and have all saved games/achievements on the same account I log into XBL with. Will it be okay to switch the same harddrive back and forth between the unmodded xbox when I want to play retail games on live and back to the modded box to play single player backups? Will all of the game saves and achievements transfer over fine?

Also, if there any way the harddrive will put my unmodified xbox in danger of being banned or having the account banned on XBL? I have no plans on flashing my current Jasper system and playing anything other than retail games on it. Basically, I'm interested to know if there are any repercussions in doing this.

Thanks in advance.
The hard drive won't put you in danger of being banned unless you play a game WAY before it's released (1 month+). If your modded 360 were to get banned then you shouldn't get any achievements on that console because it corrupts everything. When you put the hard drive on another console it won't read correctly UNLESS you have a migration kit/xport/xsata and you resign the gamertag and saves before you put them on the unbanned console.

Whoo. I hope that made sense.

asdfTT123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, except my modded console has not been banned yet. Should everything be okay for my unmodified console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom