What's new

Game files possibly found?

K

koryg

Reaction score
I started up Fortnite and played a solo match. I had to eat dinner so I pressed Leave Match and pressed it twice unintentionally and this is what popped up:

It says Temp as one of the folders. As you may know that's where temporary files are stored at in Windows. I'm not sure if it's part of the game itself though.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started up Fortnite and played a solo match. I had to eat dinner so I pressed Leave Match and pressed it twice unintentionally and this is what popped up:

It says Temp as one of the folders. As you may know that's where temporary files are stored at in Windows. I'm not sure if it's part of the game itself though.
UE4 itself might be referring to the root of its assets or content folder. The location of games exist in their XVC format on the hard drive. When launched, the XVC is temporary mounted to SRA while it mounts ERA. Typically applications and games are mounted to S:\Program Files\WindowsApps on SRA. Once ERA is booted, the game is unmounted from SRA and then mounted to ERA and set to the G:\ drive.

Accessing these is not possible unless you have higher privileges.

K

koryg

Reaction score
UE4 itself might be referring to the root of its assets or content folder. The location of games exist in their XVC format on the hard drive. When launched, the XVC is temporary mounted to SRA while it mounts ERA. Typically applications and games are mounted to S:\Program Files\WindowsApps on SRA. Once ERA is booted, the game is unmounted from SRA and then mounted to ERA and set to the G:\ drive.

Accessing these is not possible unless you have higher privileges.
Okay. Why would Microsoft even allow this to happen though? It's one of the most popular games these days and they left this in the game. It shows different output if you do certain things in the game.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay. Why would Microsoft even allow this to happen though? It's one of the most popular games these days and they left this in the game. It shows different output if you do certain things in the game.
This isn't upon Microsoft. Epic Games has left debug code in their game. Regardless, none of it will cause any problems.
The Xbox One is secure to an extent but it's unlikely a *game* can cause any issues. Especially games created by big studios.

U

Unbound 7s

0x50676f573
Reaction score
Yea it's pretty common (I have seen it numerous times) it's just a debugging feature that was I assume intentionally left in the game. Happens on the PS4 as well.

Top Bottom