• Thread starter MARTYNHETTINGER
  • Start date
  • Views 641
M

MARTYNHETTINGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is the Acer Predator XB271H worth the extra $50 over a Lenovo Y27G?

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Both of the monitors are steaming piles of **** for their price points. They cost roughly the same as 1440p 144hz IPS Panels while they are just 1080p TN panels.

I would say don't pay extra for Gsync because the issue is at any price point there is a Gsync panel for a similar price you can have a far superior monitor

Pixio PX277H 1440p 144hz HDR10 600Nits $398.99 after coupon

Make sure you click the Apply Coupon button.

Now the Pixio PX277 is not Gsync but its the same price range as the monitors above and compared to above you get

1440p vs 1080p
AHVA(IPS) vs TN
HDR vs non HDR

But you get a worse stand & no Gsync.

The whole reason adaptive sync is an amazing feature is because it does not add any additional cost to monitors. Gsync loses the best reason Freesync is good.

So what I mean by this is take a $150 monitor and add Gsync it cost $400
But for 400 I can chose a far superior non Gsync monitor. So then you look ok I will buy the $400 with Gsync but those cost $750

I could understand paying $50 for Gsync on a $400 monitor to get a $450 if it had Gsync. I cannot understand why anyone would pay 200usd or more for it though.

And this continues up the price of Gsync is why companies like Samsung think its a pile of **** while all gaming monitors released today are launching with Freesync.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
theroach

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Your reply is worthless if he is running an Nvidia card.... lol jezz.....

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Your reply is worthless if he is running an Nvidia card.... lol jezz.....
You can run the Pixio PX277H on an Nvidia card. It just does not have adaptive sync for him. And its still god tier monitor.

Well if he had an AMD igpu he could use adaptive sync still while rendering with his Dedicated GPU but it might add latency.

theroach

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I know he can run the monitor on an Nvidia card. I think you either missed, or simply ignored his question, and the title to the post.......

Top Bottom
Login
Register