What's new

Solved FTP TO XBOX PROBLEM ! PLEASE HELP

D

dafcjim

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi there

This is prob a simple problem and i'm just being stupid, but i am a newbie to this!

I have
XSNES9X already on my xbox, and am using UNLEASHX.

I have also got a load of roms to put on to the xbox from ebay. Some of these work already if i launch them, but some need putting on via FTP.

However i want to copy all of them to the xbox so they run better, as you can imagine.

I noticed that the files already on the xbox (that work) are smc files.

MY PROBLEM IS :

The cd's that i have are all zipped up files. If i copu these over they do not load on the xbox. Which is common sense, but how do i get them to work ? and do i have to make them smc files, if so how ?

When i tried unzipping them there was no smu file. what do u have to do ?

Thanks.

Jimmy

IF YOU CAN HELP I'LL BE IN THE CHAT ROOM!!!!
OR REPLY

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You'll need to unzip that folder and use the actual rom files to FTP...what format are the files that are zipped?

D

dafcjim

Reaction score
Sin$
ok, when i unzip them

some of them are BIN files
some are ST files
some are sms, smc, .gg

I only have XSNES9X so will that only play snez games ? or all my roms ?

If so, i have roms for MEGA DRIVE, ATARI ST, ATARI 2600 AND MASTER SYSTEM.

i m using unleashx,.

the snez roms work on the console already. But i am trying to get more on my xbox.

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh well then no SNES9 won't play everything, just Super Nintendo games. Each emulator is for a different set of roms. The Atari emulator needs Atatri roms, etc.

The .sms and .smc are the roms I'm pretty sure, but as I said they'll only work with a compatible emulator

D

dafcjim

Reaction score
Sin$
OH RIGHT.

ANY IDEAS where in the directory you have to put other emulators then. Liek where to store snes9. Also do u know where you can get hold of the emulators for atari etc ?

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, AID3 is a disc that has all the emulators on it, search for "AID3" and you'll find a thread for "How to use Auto-Installer Deluxe" and there's links for a download there

As for where to put them, put the emulator in the same spot as the other emulators, they're located on the e: partition

Top Bottom
Login
Register