Solved FTP to XBox issue

• Thread starter xJonathanX95x
  • Start date
  • Views 8,460
X

xJonathanX95x

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey! Thank you for taking the time to read this! I have spent all day pulling my hair and on the brink of insanity because I can not for the life of me figure out what is/has gone wrong. I have found old posts on forums similar to my issue but not quite it, i'm making this post is my last attempt at trying to figure out what to do.

Last year I purchased a used original xbox for nostalgia's sake. I soft modded it and even bought a crossover cable to ftp files to my xbox using flashfxp and everything worked great. I installed emulators, games and modified files. But recently I decided to get back into modding, I now have a different computer and assume it'd work the same way. FlashFXP now though keeps giving me the "(connection refused)" error every time I try to connect to my xbox. I have used cmd to ping my xbox and it was successful, and I was playing a few games of Halo 2 on Xlink Kai yesterday so I know it's connected properly.

My xbox's settings are as followed:
IP Address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.100

And I also have the same here on my PC:
Image here:
https://ibb.co/e1ZVmk
e1ZVmk

Here's where it gets kinda confusing to explain, so just bare with me:

I feel like what i'm about to explain isn't that important, but MIGHT play a fault somewhere in this and is something I should also mention; but after I enter all those addresses in the Internet Protocol Version 4 window, it will save those settings but only until I close out of the Local Area Connections. When I try to open Local Area Connections and open Internet Protocol Version 4 again it only shows the gateway address and the top 2 are blank (ip address and subnet). So I've just been entering all the addresses and clicking OK in the Internet Protocol Version 4 window where the settings are still there and leave the Local Area Connections window open and try to connect to my xbox with flashfxp.

FlashFXP will tell me "(Connection Refused)" and FileZilla will tell me "Could not connect". What should I do? I've even tried a few different IP addresses. And the router is in another room so I HAVE to use my crossover cable, and it's worked in the past on a different computer.

I have the setting on my xbox set to DHCP btw
And I'm using Windows 7 SP1 64bit

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Use XBMCs FTP client on the Xbox and if that still doesn't work try using FileZilla as it works for me on both XBMC and EvoX

X

xJonathanX95x

Reaction score
Sin$
Use XBMCs FTP client on the Xbox and if that still doesn't work try using FileZilla as it works for me on both XBMC and EvoX

Thanks I figured it out haha. I used my laptop instead and just entered the ip one less than my xbox's ip. So instead of ending in .2 i put .1 and it worked. Thanks anyways!

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks I figured it out haha. I used my laptop instead and just entered the ip one less than my xbox's ip. So instead of ending in .2 i put .1 and it worked. Thanks anyways!
your xbox must of been showing the wrong IP or maybe it changed because of DHCP which happens. Good to hear you figured it out. I'll archive this post for you. :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register