What's new

Solved FT5R2 alternate point???

E

Easton james

Reaction score
Sin$
I was installing the cr4 xl into a trinity console, I accidentally soldered off the pad. The FT5R2 pad is the point the yellow wire connects to. I was wondering if there are any alternate points

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I was installing the cr4 xl into a trinity console, I accidentally soldered off the pad. The FT5R2 pad is the point the yellow wire connects to. I was wondering if there are any alternate points
Like said above, there is no alternate point. There is trace at the top and bottom of the motherboard, but at the end of the day, you need to solder to a trace.

E

Easton james

Reaction score
Sin$
I soldered to the trace and I know the connection was good. I have tried two different trinity motherboards now and I couldn't boot into xell both times. I'm wondering if my chip is bad?? HuskerHeaven HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
While it's a possibility, I doubt it. Used 30-40 of um and never had a bad one. Take some pics of the install.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

I did fix the blue wire's solder point as well. It didn't look that great. HuskerHeaven HuskerHeaven  
I read a post about using kinar wire. does that creat a more solid connection?

Make sure the switch is set to slim and try dips 1-6 one at a time. If I remeber correctly I think I get the best results with just dip 3 or 4. As well did you tick CR4 when you built your .ecc?

Top Bottom
Login
Register