What's new

Unsolved Friend Stuck on Apple loading screen after attempted jailreak

P

Publickiller17

Premium
Reaction score
So he has tried going into dfu mode and restoring it completely but it isn't working for him. What's wrong? He has an iPhone 4.

Operating System
iOS
T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
So he has tried going into dfu mode and restoring it completely but it isn't working for him. What's wrong? He has an iPhone 4.
A lot of people seem to be having issues with the iPhone 4. So exactly which part of the jailbreak process is he stuck on? He needs to be much more specific so I can diagnose and fix the problem.

R

Red

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Please provide more details, just saying that he has tried restoring while in DFU mode doesn't help all that much.

P

Publickiller17

Premium
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to be having issues with the iPhone 4. So exactly which part of the jailbreak process is he stuck on? He needs to be much more specific so I can diagnose and fix the problem.
At the very end it said "done" and it didn't turn on from the reboot.

P

Publickiller17

Premium
Reaction score
So the jailbreak was completed, just never came back on. We also just tried a normal hard reboot. When we try to do it in DFU, it can't contacting the iphone software update server. 
Has he tried hard rebooting after it did that?
Yes.

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
So the jailbreak was completed, just never came back on. We also just tried a normal hard reboot. When we try to do it in DFU, it can't contacting the iphone software update server. 

Yes.
If it can't connect to the software upgrade server, it's because everyone who was waiting for this jailbreak are updating as quickly as they can before Apple releases 7.1 and patches the jailbreak. You can try downloading the ipsw for iOS 7.0.4 for his model of the iPhone 4 and shift+restoring the device. You can also try doing it on another computer.

P

Publickiller17

Premium
Reaction score
Where can he download/ how can you check the model? He doesn't have the same back on his phone btw

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Where can he download/ how can you check the model? He doesn't have the same back on his phone btw
Well there isn't much I can do, but I can try to narrow it down. What carrier does he have? How many GB is his phone?

P

Publickiller17

Premium
Reaction score
8gb and he is on bell (canada) 
Where can we download the iOS's from? 
Does apple have a page?

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
8gb and he is on bell (canada) 
Where can we download the iOS's from? 
Does apple have a page?
They allow you to download it from the iOS dev center if you are a developer. Otherwise just look up "iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.4 rev A ipsw download" on google.

P

Publickiller17

Premium
Reaction score
My friend went on different computer and it worked! thanks

Top Bottom