Not open for further replies.
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have decided to make a frequently asked questions topic to help people get their questions answered easier. If your question is not listed below, please do not ask it in here. Click here to make a new topic and ask your question in a new topic. If enough people ask that question, it will appear in this topic.

Q: My mods don't work! They go to a black screen!
A: Make sure you are using mods that are more recent. If you got the mods from a YouTube video, make sure it says after patch. If you got them from a site like this, make sure they were made after July 5th, 2011.

Q: Where can I get an ISO for Grand Theft Auto IV?
A: Look on Pirate Bay or Google for an ISO download. Due to warez rules, I am unable to post a direct link.

Q: Why is my game stuck on a looping loading screen?
A: There is one of two reasons why this is occurring. One reason is because you need a gamesave in order to get into single player when you have script mods in. The other reason could be that you edited a file that has been patched, like the handling.dat must stay the same size. (41,386kb).

Q: Why does my game freeze at the lollipop lady?
A: Try clearing your system cache. Click Here for a tutorial on how to clear your cache.

Q: Why do I randomly freeze while playing in a game? How can I prevent this from happening?
A: You were frozen by another modder using a "freeze car." To prevent freezing, you can set cars to fly in your default.ide or gtxd.ide by changing vehicle type from car to plane and the handling ID to A. Now no one can freeze your game using that car. Do not set a car that spawns on the road to fly, or you will freeze when that car spawns on the road.

Q: Do I need to rebuild my common.rpf every time I change a file?
A: No you do not, but some files do require it to be rebuilt. If you encounter loading problems with the game after replacing files in the common.rpf, I suggest going back and replacing the files without rebuilding, as sometimes rebuilding does cause loading problems.

Q: My disk stops installing at ___%. How do I get it to install all the way?
A: Try hotswapping and clicking Play Game instead of Install Game. After it loads into single player fine, you can dashboard and try installing again.

Q: Can I just add script mods to my ISO and not a modded common.rpf or xbox360.rpf?
A: Yes you can. The common.rpf and xbox360.rpf have no effect on the script_network.img. If you run into any problems using just script mods, please contact me.

Q: Why do I have a hole in the map in Bohan?
A: Sometimes when a modder creates car spawns and/or map mods, the file is too large. So they usually delete some of the map of Bohan since no body hardly goes there. If you want that part of Bohan back, I either suggest using a different map mod or don't use any map mods and car spawns at all.

Q: I edited my handling.dat and now my game black screens or loops loading screens.
A: This has occurred because you didn't keep the handling.dat the same size. After the July 5th, 2011 patch, you must keep the handling.dat 41,386 bytes in order to bypass the patch. If you are one byte off, it will not work.

Q: Why does Chr0m3 x MoDz Undercover Police Mod 1.5 freeze when I activate the sirens/lights?
A:
Its because this mod uses alot of memory and what happens is people spam mods and and it has a memory leak causing freezing I cannot fix this at the moment sorry
I have found that if you activate the sirens/lights right after using another command (Teleport, spawn car, change character, set player on fire, ect.) then it will freeze. A fix that I have found for this is wait a few seconds after using another command before turning the siren/lights on. It works for me. Any problems? Then PM me or Chr0m3 x MoDz

Q: Where can I get a common for my mods?
A: Click Here to view the All Released Mods topic

Q: My game is stuck on loading (The Cousins Bellic...or I Luv LC...). Why is it doing this?
A: If you added script mods to your ISO, then you must have a gamsave also saved to your HDD. Make sure you complete the first mission and make sure it saved, then play with the mods.

Q: What is the best menu/script mod out there?
A: Use this topic to look at most of the script mods released. There really aren't any "best" menus. It is all personal preference.

Q: Where can I find tutorials for GTA?
A: Click here to go to a URL that will show just tutorials.
More answers to come! If you have ideas for questions and answers, please PM them to me and I will add them to the topic.

People who submitted questions:
Xxchr0m3kingxX

Updated June 25, 2012.

Last edited:
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If anyone has any suggestions to add to this list, feel free to message me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register