Free Data Migration and HDD from MS

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by No121Else, Jul 10, 2009 with 17 replies and 612 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No121Else

No121Else Enthusiast

Ratings:
  2. pimpfuu

pimpfuu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im totally gonna try this tomorrow, i think my warentees expired, so im gonna go to my friends house and take a pic of his serial number haha, ive already gotten a free transfer cable, but ima shoot for a 60 gig, or maybe a 120 gig if i use an elite serial

3. OP
    No121Else

No121Else Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I am doing my follow up tommorow

also if they say "send in yours" ask to speak to a supervisor they have the power to send one out for you.

4. pimpfuu

pimpfuu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yea, im gonna try and do it tomorrow so i'll most likely do a follow up, but i have to work tomorrow, so if not i'll do it on saturday :]

5. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    So if they ask you to send it in all you have to do is ask for a supervisor? What do you tell the supervisor?

6. pimpfuu

pimpfuu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    tell the supervisor that you need to try and transfer your data from your old hdd to the new one

7. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    What if the supervisor also says I need to send it in?

8. pimpfuu

pimpfuu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    he shouldnt just call and try, if you have any issues, call back and get a different person. why are you trying to get a second hdd anyway, im only doing it to get a bigger one, having 2 is useless unless your trying to sell it, and if you are then its people like you who **** **** up for other people

9. HavoC RuNz MLG

HavoC RuNz MLG Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ill try this tomorrow. Has this NOT worked for anyone?

10. OP
    No121Else

No121Else Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you do it wrong it doesn't. I need a 60GB I have a 20gb and only have 1-2gb free at all times :frown: so this is for those people.

11. pimpfuu

pimpfuu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thats why im doing it, because i have the same issue, and it pisses me off that the new xboxs are cheaper and come with a bigger HDD

im trying it right now i went through all the stupid automated systems, and it told me to hangup and call back wtf

UPDATE: damn, first i had to educate the indian, that when a HDD fails, it dosnt all fail at one time, because he was saying that its not possible for some games to be corupted and others not to be lmao. so i explained to him about sectors, and how harddrives dont always just crash at once, then i found out that both of my xboxs arnt under warentee, so no go :[ but he did tell me that they would indeed replace it if your console is under warentee

12. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    You don't need a supervisor, just tell them you have all your files (saved games, DLC, etc) on the hard drive and don't want to give them up. They should send it out without requiring you to send yours in.

13. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Hey chode face, I'm trying to get a transfer kit and a replacement hard drive for my broken one.

14. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    ...How is doing it for a bigger one any different than doing it for one to sell? Your morals are severely flawed.

15. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    lol, this was posted in premium

16. pimpfuu

pimpfuu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well when i payed 400$ for my 20 gig console, and now they have 60 gig consoles for 300$ i get screwed out of 100$ and 40 gigs. so theres nothing wrong with my morals. i would also glady send in my 20 gig after receiving my 60 gig

and i wasnt flaming you, or acusing you, all im saying is whats so wrong with sending your old one back in?

leave it to someone on the internet to call me a "chode face" when they would most likely never call me that in person

17. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    FUUUUUCK it didn't work.:.( They asked me to send in my 60 gig, and its torn up to **** because of all the dissection iv done on it.

Yup leave it to the internet, being anonymous is great isn't it? Anyways you assumed without any personal knowledge. That's what i was kind of upset about.

18. Nightcast

Nightcast Retired Retired

Ratings: