Foundry/Sandbox Computer Forge

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by Tehelee, Jun 15, 2009 with 10 replies and 547 views.

1. Tehelee

Tehelee Newbie

Ratings:
    PC Forge
    I am looking for someone with (halo 3 mod program) coding experience to assist in bringing forging to the PC. I am currently in the process of mapping out and dimensioning Foundry. I will post pictures of my work as soon as I can, but for now, let me be clear, I am only looking for potential candidates for help. I cannot assure anything until I have my work posted. (Because the internet is cruel, and this thread would be assured a flaming death.) I also have working experience with C++ and C, Allegro, OpenGL, and a little Direct X.

Dimensioning process:
    Place two identical objects on opposite walls of the map (With origins pressed against respective walls)
    Load up map in Forge 2.x
    Find distance between object's origins on the x, y, or z.
    That distance is the distance between your walls.
    This process works for finding the dimensions of props as well. I will post W.I.P. pictures when i can.

So once again, I'm looking for volunteers (or the names of people I can contact) who have a proven record of experience and getting things done. If you volunteer (or can recommend someone), at the top of your post please put Volunteer (in bold).

2. toughgun13

toughgun13 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    right now i'm thinking its impossible.but it sounds probable.:smile:

3. OP
    Tehelee

Tehelee Newbie

Ratings:
    Yes, it has been said impossible so many times, but my system is working. However it takes a helluva lot of time. I'll probably start posting dimensions for objects A.S.A.P.

4. Hackingandmodding

Hackingandmodding Enthusiast

Ratings:
  5. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    This seems like a big project that you will be working on Good Luck!:smile:

6. OP
    Tehelee

Tehelee Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok, I've got my first set of Foundry dimensions, however, due to the fact that this is an untested process, I'm going back and re-measuring. Dimensions will be posted shortly.

7. k0m1kaz33

k0m1kaz33 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So you are not using the models extracted from the game?

8. OP
    Tehelee

Tehelee Newbie

Ratings:
    Nope. As far as I know, we have yet to extract the models from the game, so I figured out a roundabout way to reverse construct them. The program will likely use OpenGL or Allegro as graphics. It won't look amazing at first, but it will hopefully get the job done.

9. k0m1kaz33

k0m1kaz33 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know... I was making sure you were not some noobfag that thought you could extract the models out of the maps. Lol now I see that your post count is not 4 :biggrin:.

10. OP
    Tehelee

Tehelee Newbie

Ratings:
    Yes, I haven't posted much until recently but I have been learning from these forums for over 2 years. It may say I'm a noob, but that is far from the truth.

11. Lewie4

Lewie4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This sounds cool and i'll help. Just PM me and i'll do my best to help