What's new

Solved Foundry Coordinates help with the program Forge

A

Adelyss

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so basically..I'm mainly a dude thats looking to modding for Making serious maps that are meant to be played on. With this in mind I would REALLY like to know more about the coordinates on foundry so I can either easy geomerge boxes walls etc in a modded map so yeah.

Basically here is the layout of foundry

200px-Foundry123.jpg

I would like to know some things if you know them.

1. What way on the map would an object move if I - numbers off of the X coordinate (In the program forge)

2. What way on the map would an object move if I + numbers on the X coordinate (In the program forge)

3. What way on the map would an object move if I - numbers off of the Y coordinate (In the program forge)

4. What way on the map would an object move if I + numbers on the Y coordinate (In the program forge)

5. Does anyone know how much I would -Z coordinate to make lets say a double box half way into the ground. (Upside down box so the light green is showing)

6. How much would you -Z coordinate to make it so that a double box is just "Barely" showing through foundry floor (Low enough that you can walk over it without a bump but still high enough so you can see the top of the box) (Upside down box so the light green is showing)

7. Would much would I move the box in either the X or Y coordinate so it geomerges flushly with foundries wall (The box would already be as close as possible to foundries wall before changing the coordinate)

Thanks and if I think of anymore questions I'll add them here....but if there is ANY program ANY where that you can just like click on a 2d foundry and it pops up the coordinates...that would be so helpful but I doubt there is.

Xpargas

Xpargas

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
1-4. I believe the line down the middle of the map separates positive and negitive, so if your facing away from the 2 bases, the right side is negitive, the left is positive
5. -0.5 gets it about half way
6. -1.5
7. idk yet

Im still testing this out at the moment.

Upvote 0
A

Adelyss

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay thanks for number 6 and 1 and 2 but do you know what way is positive for Y? I assume its towards the base and I have yet to test.

Also technically if its -1.5 to get it flush wouldn't to be half it would be -.75? because -.5 is not half of -1.5

And my guess is that if -.75 is half way then to get it flush with the wall it would be around -.2 or -.3?

Can anyone clarify this? And or answer the questions again.

Upvote 0
A

adahalo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Adelyss do you have aim or msn? I want to experiment this with you. I'm doing it right now, because I too have been wanting to do this.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register