• Start date
  • Views 199,554
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

FEATURES
  • All cars from Forza Horizon 1 and 2, including DLC and traffic cars playable, over 100 new cars in total. Full list HERE.
  • Traffic cars with upgrades (engine, drivetrain, some other upgrades)
  • 40+ wheels from Forza Horizon 1, all manufacturer wheels can be purchased
  • Payout for each race increased by 1.4-2.0 (depending on the event)
KNOWN BUGS
  • 2010 BMW M3 GTS engine sound is quiet. It had no engine sound before, so it got an engine swap. Will fix in a future release
  • Traffic cars have no interiors, and they don't have nice icons in the menus

To install you need to have the game already extracted to your Xbox 360 hard drive. Running it in a Games on Demand container or from a disc will *NOT* work. After that just use Xbox Neighborhood or your favorite FTP program to transfer these files, overwriting any that it prompts you for.

DOWNLOAD V1.1

There are two new cars, the 2010 BMW M3 GTS Horizon Black Edition (the NULL car, but with updates to make it a "real" car, and MINE's Nissan Skyline R32. The texture for the Skyline was (almost) a perfect fit, so I added it. The rear spoiler is a little messed up because the texture mapping changed between games, but the rest is fine. You'll be able to purchase stock rims in the next version.

Several cars have been updated. If you own any of these cars AND you don't want to start a new game you will have to sell them before you install version 1.1. You can then buy those cars again. Here's a list of cars that have been updated with changes that will require you to sell them before installing the mod.
  • 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Ti
  • 2004 Audi A4 Avant
  • 1983 Audi Sport Quattro Horizon Edition
  • 2004 Audi S4
  • 2011 Bentley Continental GT
  • 2010 BMW M3 GTS Horizon Black Edition
  • 2010 Chevrolet Corvette GSC
  • 2005 Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo Van
  • 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
  • 1999 Dodge Durango
  • 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 392 Horizon Edition
  • 2012 Dodge Challenger Horizon Edition
  • 2012 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
  • 1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
  • 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
  • 1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione
  • 2010 Fiat Punto Evo Sport
  • 2010 Ford Explorer
  • 2008 Ford F350 Super Duty
  • 2005 Ford Focus ZX4
  • 2011 Ford Ka
  • 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429
  • 2013 Shelby GT500 Rockstar Energy
  • 2010 Ford Taurus SHO
  • 2001 GMC Yukon XL
  • 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Open Top
  • 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder Performante
  • 2009 Lamborghini Reventon Roadster
  • 2012 Lexus LFA Nüburgring Edition
  • 2009 Mercedes-Benz A200 Turbo
  • 2004 Mercedes C32 AMG
  • 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Horizon Edition
  • 2011 Nissan Leaf
  • 1993 Nissan Mine's Skyline R32
  • 2002 Subaru Legacy B4 GT
  • 2007 Toyota Camry
  • 1995 Toyota Corolla DX
  • 2011 Toyota Prius
  • 2004 Toyota RAV4 Sport
  • 2008 Toyota Yaris S
  • 2012 Volvo XC70
  • 2004 Volkswagen Beetle
  • 2003 Volkswagen Bora VR6
  • 2011 Volkswagen Fox
Fixes and updates to the cars include
  • New engine swaps, and an AWD drivetrain swap (the 2004 Beetle)
  • Body upgrades have been removed for traffic cars (they don't have the parts anyway)
  • Fixes for cars that were missing brake rotors and calipers
  • New tuning options for traffic cars
  • All manufacturer rims purchasable, as well as Horizon 1 rims that weren't in Horizon 2
Virus scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/2...0d2b7494b74128d5151b89c5/analysis/1418248103/

Screenshots courtesy of xXx foRce xXx
131218-0017-06_zpsd5c99a3a.jpg~original

131218-0040-05_zpsa5064a7e.jpg

131218-0026-17_zps17ce3ea2.jpg

Last edited:
FederalGOKU

FederalGOKU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dammit u got me happy :/ lol i was ready to download haha!!

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I've got 8 minutes left to upload, then I have to do the virus scan and we're ready to go. Definitely in the next few hours.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Temporarily took down the link. I tried installing this over an unmodded build of Horizon 2 and got a dirty disc error.

FederalGOKU

FederalGOKU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hopefully it will be here by 230 am eastern us time lol ill be off work then to try out ;D

also it wasnt cus of the xex right? just asking lol i dont know what files mod brings

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so I found a workaround. I already knew that you could run stuff outside their .zip files, so to be sure I could do it with cars I tested the VW Beetle. It worked with no issues. So the good news is that I can fix the mod, but he bad news is that it will take a week or two (since I have finals at my university) to extract every .zip file, test, etc. It's a workaround for the XEX check on zipmanifest.xml, though, so technically it works. The download size might be bigger, and I can tell you now the install size on the 360 will be about 60% bigger. Not ideal, but in the game it works great, you don't even notice the difference.

xXx foRce xXx

xXx foRce xXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Two weeks of waiting are nothing compared to all the work you put into that mod! Great job and good luck at the university

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so I found a workaround. I already knew that you could run stuff outside their .zip files, so to be sure I could do it with cars I tested the VW Beetle. It worked with no issues. So the good news is that I can fix the mod, but he bad news is that it will take a week or two (since I have finals at my university) to extract every .zip file, test, etc. It's a workaround for the XEX check on zipmanifest.xml, though, so technically it works. The download size might be bigger, and I can tell you now the install size on the 360 will be about 60% bigger. Not ideal, but in the game it works great, you don't even notice the difference.

have you attempted to remove the check?

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
have you attempted to remove the check?
Yep. That's how I did it the first type. Just replacing the check with garbage characters (something like dontusethis.xml) but for some reason when I wiped the system clean of all Forza stuff to test the build I had made it quit working. I had also thought about overriding a zip already in the manifest and in the root of \media\ by adding all the new cars and wheels to it, but didn't see the point their either. Works out anyway as I'd like to do a few custom cars and if all the new car folders are loose that will make editing have one less step.

That being said I already have all cars extracted and working, and most wheels. The stripped_*.carbin files are longer than 32 characters (max you can have on a FATX drive like the 360 is 32) but the game doesn't use them anyway so I deleted them. As long as a car folder isn't over 17 characters it will be fine. I have to rename a few cars and whatnot, but it's no biggie.

Last edited:
D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep. That's how I did it the first type. Just replacing the check with garbage characters (something like dontusethis.xml) but for some reason when I wiped the system clean of all Forza stuff to test the build I had made it quit working. I had also thought about overriding a zip already in the manifest and in the root of \media\ by adding all the new cars and wheels to it, but didn't see the point their either. Works out anyway as I'd like to do a few custom cars and if all the new car folders are loose that will make editing have one less step.

That being said I already have all cars extracted and working, and most wheels. The stripped_*.carbin files are longer than 32 characters (max you can have on a FATX drive like the 360 is 32) but the game doesn't use them anyway so I deleted them.

ah i see. Yeah the stripped carbins are useless as far as i can see.

xXx foRce xXx

xXx foRce xXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Teancum just to remind you that zipmanifest.xml has no XEX check.
You can copy one existing line in zipmanifest.xml. Then replace the filename with the filename of your file and that's it. Of course you must copy your file to the path destionation.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Teancum just to remind you that zipmanifest.xml has no XEX check.
You can copy one existing line in zipmanifest.xml. Then replace the filename with the filename of your file and that's it. Of course you must copy your file to the path destionation.
Incorrect. It has no XEX check in Forza Motorsport 4, which is the only game that doesn't do these checks. Both of the Horizon games have checks on both gamedb.slt and zipmanifest.xml, and according to D3FEKT Forza Motorsport 3 might as well.

xXx foRce xXx

xXx foRce xXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Incorrect. It has no XEX check in Forza Motorsport 4, which is the only game that doesn't do these checks. Both of the Horizon games have checks on both gamedb.slt and zipmanifest.xml, and according to D3FEKT Forza Motorsport 3 might as well.

Partly (in)correct hehe.
I know that for FH1 and FH2 it's enough decrypt the default.xex and then you can use an modded gamedb. I'm Not sure about the zipmanfest.xml

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Reaction score
Sin$
i looked, and it seems there is a reference to zipmanifest.xml in the same bunch of code near where the gamedb check is located. this is horzion 2 xex btw.

"ml.vx.¹ ÕŽ!Aý?»Xê¬Ó..9.Çqþ¹T^!·{±.zipmanifest.xml.‡J«ùlçt÷W}.FblhB²Ÿ¹ÓK¬°#$.2¥x±ñ...Ú=.¨‹.@s¾óªKj<Úã.4%.M.×>Ô'.ì”/ÌôNûQÝ.¨²'ªeÏÓ¢W.{A‰.†óÄ“Ù.Âçd£‚"

xXx foRce xXx

xXx foRce xXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
D3FEKT hasn't Chrom3 got XDK? Maybe he could decompile the default.xex for us

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Regardless I found a solution that's just as good. While the install size is bigger, I can't more easily mod a car.

Top Bottom
Login
Register