What's new

Solved Forza 4 -JTAG

N1CKY

N1CKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Seen as though Forza isn’t out in the UK utill Friday i thought i would download it and put it on my JTAG, Well it doesnt seem as easy as that. I extracted the ISO contents out of Disk one and put them in HDD\GAMES\Forza 4. Then for Disk 2 i put them in the relevant folders. ie Media in Media, Content in content/000000000 etc.

BUT. Every time i try to boot default.xex it says.... "This game requires an update, But the update couldn't be found" I have placed all the System update files in relevant folders ?

Can anyone shed some light on this ? Or Advise me on a alternative method ?

Thanks.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Seen as though Forza isn’t out in the UK utill Friday i thought i would download it and put it on my JTAG, Well it doesnt seem as easy as that. I extracted the ISO contents out of Disk one and put them in HDD\GAMES\Forza 4. Then for Disk 2 i put them in the relevant folders. ie Media in Media, Content in content/000000000 etc.

BUT. Every time i try to boot default.xex it says.... "This game requires an update, But the update couldn't be found" I have placed all the System update files in relevant folders ?

Can anyone shed some light on this ? Or Advise me on a alternative method ?

Thanks.

It's quite possible that you need to be on the latest dashboard for it to work which just came out and doesn't have a freeboot yet. However, as long as you have dashlaunch installed it should bypass that so if you don't have dashlaunch installed go get it.

Scrufdog

Scrufdog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my jtag runs 13599 and runs F4 just fine. I extracted both discs with Xbox Backup Creator, to Forza 4 Disc 1 and Forza 4 Disc 2. I ftp'd them over to hdd1://Games/Forza 4 Disc 1 , and hdd1://Games/Forza 4 Disc 2.

I left out the $Systemupdate folders when I ftp'd them over. If it matters, I've updated dashlaunch to the new 2.24. It apparently fixes something with F4. Might wanna try that.

Top Bottom
Login
Register