Solved ForrestMaster's Guide to fixing errors 13,14,16,20,21

• Thread starter ForrrestMaster
  • Start date
  • Views 39,432
F

ForrrestMaster

ForrestMaster's Guide to fixing errors 13,14,16,20,21

Written for se7ensins.com
Please give credit if used in other forums.

Requirements

Guide
1. Remove the four feet from the bottom of your Xbox. Use the torxx screwdriver to remove the four screws. There are two more in the center, beneath the stickers. Take these out as well.

2. Take off the top cover. Use your torxx screwdriver to take out the two brass screws that are in the center holding the drive housing down.

3. Remove the section of casing with the harddrive in it.

4. Use the Phillips screwrdriver to take out the four screws holding the HDD in place. (You don't have to do this, but it makes getting at the data cable much easier).

5. Now to unlock the HDD unplug the IDE cable from the DVD drive. Now turn on your Xbox and when you get Error 12 that means the HDD is unlocked and you did it right. Don't freak out about the Error 12. You can fix it by plugging back in the cable but don't do it yet.

6. Make sure your computer has already loaded windows and is sitting at the Desktop. Now without shaking the HDD too much unplug the IDE cable from the HDD. Hotswap with your DVD/CD drive IDE cord.
device1.jpg

7. Open Device Manager and click on the Magnifying Glass.IF there is no magnifying glass then click your computer name.
device2.jpg

When you do that you should lose your DVD drive and now have an extra HDD.
device3.jpg

8. Now that you see the extra HDD you now can open up xplorer360.
xp1.jpg

Now go to Open/Harddrive or memcard.
xp2.jpg

9.It will load and look like this. Don't worry about the error it gives. Just click OK.
xp3.jpg

10. Now click on Partition 3.
xp4.jpg

11. Now right click and add the files you downloaded earlier.
xp5.jpg

12. When you are done it should look like this.
xp6.jpg

13.Now unplug the IDE cable from the HDD and plug it back into the Xbox's IDE cord. Also at this
time plug back in the cable to the DVD drive.

14. Turn off your Xbox and turn back on.

Your Xbox should now be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CodeytheRhino

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I won't ever need this, but I thanked you anyway. That's a pretty awesome tut, esp. if you made it by yourself!

G

gnfrxdestruction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im sorry but i also have a question. I have the error 21 and im going to buy a torx screw in about 10 minutes. But i was wondering when i hotswap the HDD xbox with the cd/dvd drive do i keep my computer on while unplugging the Cd/dvd and while plugging in the xbox one?

F

ForrrestMaster

gnfrxdestruction said:
Im sorry but i also have a question. I have the error 21 and im going to buy a torx screw in about 10 minutes. But i was wondering when i hotswap the HDD xbox with the cd/dvd drive do i keep my computer on while unplugging the Cd/dvd and while plugging in the xbox one?

You keep your computer on the entire time.

S

sala789

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster thx for the guide but can you please help me ,i get to the part where you search for the second harddrive but i cant seem to see it , can you please help thanks

I

ITTI

Reaction score
Sin$
now just hope the dumbasses who didnt relock on xbox reboot have there eeprom backed up rofl.
BTW nice *** tutorial thing is does it depend on what kind of dash you have as in theres xbox live and there is reg xbox dash.?

F

ForrrestMaster

ITTI said:
now just hope the dumbasses who didnt relock on xbox reboot have there eeprom backed up rofl.
BTW nice *** tutorial thing is does it depend on what kind of dash you have as in theres xbox live and there is reg xbox dash.?

No TT this works. It puts everything back on that you need. Get owned again!! See you on kai lol.

The dash link comes with the xbox dash and the live dash.

S

SerpantSlayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
your all cok suckers so suck your mothers cok and make her shove her **** in your ***** yah thats right ban me *******s:laughing:

I

ITTI

Reaction score
Sin$
I've notesed that if you get errors after errors after fixing each one that youl run into the error 16 i find this error very deadly thats if you dont remeber what carnel version or have your eeprom. I find it best that if you dont got the epprom or or the carnel version that you should get a modchip. XBMC ftw!

F

ForrrestMaster

ITTI said:
I've notesed that if you get errors after errors after fixing each one that youl run into the error 16 i find this error very deadly thats if you dont remeber what carnel version or have your eeprom. I find it best that if you dont got the epprom or or the carnel version that you should get a modchip. XBMC ftw!

For this tutorial on fixing the above errors, You dont need your Kernel or your eeprom. Thats the whole point of this tutorial... You dont need anything except the mentioned things.

Y

yuckfou4202005

Reaction score
Sin$
I hope someone is still monitering this thread cause i can't seem to unlock my hd help. I wait til after xbox animation loads but i can't get it to unlock @ all keep getting error 16.

F

ForrrestMaster

I monitor it. Your supposed to unplug the IDE cable from DVD drive and then boot up the xbox. You will get error 12 and that will mean your HDD is unlocked.

Top Bottom
Login
Register